The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
OT: I hope that Designer Babies become a reality....SOON! 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post OT: I hope that Designer Babies become a reality....SOON!
Dear Musicals.Net Posters,

I hope that a new, revolutionary reality comes to fruition....SOON. Such a new reality would consist of the following facts:

* Reproduction for procreation, and childbirth, would be able to be eliminated forever; men and women will finally contribute to the creation process in a 100% equal way! No more pregnancy, messy childbirths, or sick babies. A couple will donate their genes, and Designer Children will be created in a sanitized laboratory environment. Such children's coloration, health, and even mental aspirations can be planned, and artificially wired! If you want an olive-complected, blue-eyed, blonde daughter who will aspire to be a doctor, everything, right down to her mental wiring, can be arranged, if you wish....No more morning sickness, cultural obsession with "The Baby Bump", painful labor, latex gloves (Unless you request that the doctors wear them because you like the sight of them....I, for one, like the sight of them!), baby showers full of women who are really jealous and catty behind your back, etc. No more disappointment when sweet little Johnny and Sally disappoint you by doing drugs, or by marrying someone you don't like; they'll be wired to do as you wish, if you so wish them to be wired. No more genetic diseases, because you and your spouse/ living partner will be able to replicate your genes, eliminate all genetic defects, and scientifically create the perfect child! The playing field will finally be leveled for those people (of both genders) who were unable to have children, because science will knock the stuffing out of the inequality of reproduction. As the sun sets on "the normal woman's perogative," the sun will rise over a NEW, HUMAN perogative, and a NEW sense of parental joy and bonding will become special. If we will finally be able to separate ourselves 100% from the animal kingdom, who cares if the scent of latex, and the feel of glass test tubes brought us to that moment?

* If a woman so chooses, she will be able to literally give birth to a robot baby, and robots, in general, will become dating partners, household helpers, adopted children, etc.

* By simply shining a special light at a patient, a doctor, and everybody else, will be able to see right through that patient's skin....to the organs beneath, in order to more non-invasively determine the causes of illnesses.

* People will be able to customize their skin tone, and the degree to which their skin glows, by having colored fluids injected into themselves.

NOTE: The following is a supposition of mine, but it's not a good one, and it's not one that I truly desire.

* Mars will have been conquered, and the captured Martians will serve as America's least-respected laborers (Ie: Prostitutes, janitors, maids, maybe even teachers and secretaries)

Thanks in advance for your replies.
:idea:

OPINION: Mitt Romney is "that wicked plastic man!"

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:28 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: OT: I hope that Designer Babies become a reality....SOON
I'm guessing a tongue-in-cheek argument against eugenics...

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]