The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Hunchback of Notre Dame at La Jolla Playhouse 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Post Hunchback of Notre Dame at La Jolla Playhouse
So, I figured it'd be neat to make a thread about the production of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, which is currently running at La Jolla Playhouse in San Diego.

Partially because I'm in it as part of the chorus, but still, it's a pretty big deal.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:13 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post Re: Hunchback of Notre Dame at La Jolla Playhouse
Pannic wrote:
So, I figured it'd be neat to make a thread about the production of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, which is currently running at La Jolla Playhouse in San Diego.

Partially because I'm in it as part of the chorus, but still, it's a pretty big deal.

Holy shit, WHAT??? You got into a production this major? Woah. Woah. WOAH. I've been aware of you for ages. You were, like, THE big musical theatre guy on TVTropes. I'm a bit of a fan of you from a distance, though I haven't really thought about you in ages. :)

Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:17 pm

Heh. Did you use a different screen name on TVTropes? I still post there, though I tend to spend more time around the fanfiction threads and such. Were you from the Glee thread?

But yeah. Kind of a stroke of luck. Room opened up in my schedule and the local choir I work for when they need an extra guy got hired by Disney Theatrical for the show.

It's really been amazing.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:15 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Pannic wrote:
Heh. Did you use a different screen name on TVTropes? I still post there, though I tend to spend more time around the fanfiction threads and such. Were you from the Glee thread?
Eh, I was mostly a lurker rather than a poster. But yeah, I had a different screen name. Nothing to do with Glee, though.

Quote:
But yeah. Kind of a stroke of luck. Room opened up in my schedule and the local choir I work for when they need an extra guy got hired by Disney Theatrical for the show.

It's really been amazing.

Well, congratulations! I'd actually heard of this production well-before this thread; was really excited for it. Doubt if I'll be able to see it (have never been able to afford to see anything more than local theatre, :() but I'm just really happy for you! :)

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:44 pm

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto
I'm really jealous of you Pannic ^^

I got really excited about this when I saw that they were hewing closer to the novel and the original German Production than the movie. I never expected that out of Disney, to be honest. I really hope this makes it to Broadway. Of all the recent Disney productions, this one deserves it.

I also heard that Patrick Page's Hellfire is a showstopper.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:03 am

Well, it's going to Papermill in Spring, and after that I assume it'll go to Broadway.

As for Patrick page, oh yes. He's amazing. Also nice to see that there's a big musical that has a legit bass role (fun fact: an earlier version of the score had Frollo go down to a Bb1 at one point). I should also point out that Michael Arden is wonderful as Quasimodo. He's just perfect, I think. His understudy is actually pretty good, too. Some 23-year-old wunderkind just out of college.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]