Re: Musicals.net cira 1999
Dear Musicals.Net Posters,
I can't remember exactly when I first began posting at this site (1999? 2000? 2001?), but I remember almost TOO much about M.Net back then, including...
* My first Username (Annie Kate)
* The incredibly dirty messages that were posted (Ie: Euphemisms for self-pleasuring...some of which actually turned out to be stupid euphemisms for peeing...LOL!), and the fact that nobody seemed to ban anybody back then...
* A.K.B., and his disgusting, explicit laboratory stories about Karen Silkwood...and his continuous talk about that fish named Jaunita/ Juanita...I truly hope, and trust (CAN I trust...?) that A.K.B has matured since then...
* Simon, and the fact that we were trolls together...for awhile, anyway, before the law came to M.Net
* A couple of guys named Evan, and the fact that one of the Evans could never figure out how I knew that A.K.B. WAS A.K.B. (A.K.B. went by a different name on M.Net)
* The fact that I ate SOOO much Ramen noodle soup while I was trolling M.Net
* An angry mom, who claimed that her young daughter had asked her about an explicit term...because she'd seen it on M.Net
* The fact that people would occasionally warn other people that Sally Chow was out there, and that she might come back to dole out punishments to those who were being bad...(Did anybody ever say that? I can't remember...)
* The fact that I came unglued about the fictitious Karen Silkwood stories...after realizing that Karen Silkwood herself was a real woman, and not a made-up character...I feel so silly NOW about my previous lack of knowledge about Karen Silkwood
* The old board style...Wasn't there only ONE message board here back then?
Well, thanks in advance for your replies, and feel free to ask me anything about the history of M.Net. I can't claim to know EVERYTHING about this site, but I've been here since about the turn of the century.