The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Frozen 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Post Re: Frozen
So I just saw the movie this weekend (mom got in on Blu-Ray along with the Hobbit) and wow. I really, really loved it. The songs were great, the characters were all likable, the animation was beautiful, and the humor hit it out of the park.

I mean, I don't wanna just jump on the hype-wagon, 'cause it's not like it's Beauty and the Beast-great... but it was a really good movie.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:54 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
What struck me immediately (I have a preteen daughter, so my seeing it was not an option) is how much it's structured like a musical. It's really only missing a big finale, and I'd be stunned if there wasn't a big closing number planned at some point in the development process.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:08 am

That was the one odd bit. The last act has no songs in it. It kinda stands out because early on in the movie it hits you with song after song in fairly rapid succession, and then after "Fixer-Upper" is finished it's like the film just stops being a musical. Still, the songs that were there were fantastic songs and I loved them.

Apparently they are, in fact, already making plans for a stage adaptation. Funny that they're starting plans on that in the same year they're finally bringing Aladdin and Hunchback to the States.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:38 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
Well, Aladdin at least is at the end of a long road, it's been available to be licensed for amateur productions for at least a couple years, and there must have been 3-5 years of development and production history at least before that. It's just finally about to hit the big-time, but it's been around.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2