The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Help, please. Need sheet music, etc., by tomorrow! ACK! 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Help, please. Need sheet music, etc., by tomorrow! ACK!
Dear Musicals.Net Posters,

I will confess that I've procrastinated ROYALLY, with regards to the sheet music, the resume, and the head shot, that I'll need for tomorrow's (Saturday's) audition for "Les Miserables".

I was hoping to find the sheet music for a slightly higher key of "On My Own", but, at THIS point, I'll settle for ANY sheet music version of "On My Own" that includes the opening passage ("And now I'm all alone again, nowhere to turn, no one to go to/ Withoug a home, without a friend, without a face to say 'Hello!' to/ And now the night is near, now I can make-believe he's here/ Sometimes I walk alone at night, when everybody else is sleeping/ I think if him, and then I'm happy with the company I'm keeping!/ The city goes to bed, and I can live inside my head!")

Within a really old message from this site, somebody advised someone ELSE who was in my position to acquire the British book Audition Songs for Female Singers: Show-Hits (The Boulbil Schonberg Collection). That's all cool, except that the book is BRITISH! There's no way that I can order it from Amazon.co.uk in time for tomorrow, and there's more than likely no chance that a local music store would have a British show tunes book in stock, is there?

While surfing the internet, I realized that sooo many people are clamoring for the FULL version of "On My Own", but that MOST of the sheet music versions of the song are more like the abridged Samantha Barks' movie version! THAT'S unfortunate!

I almost wish that the many copies of the score hadn't already been checked out from the community theatre at which this production will be performed, and I wish that the director had specifically set aside copies that we could have copied during our spare time, so that we would've been able to just walk in tomorrow...with sheet music for ANY "Les Mis" songs that we wished to use during our auditions.

I was talking to somebody yesterday, and they told me that the director probably "[wanted] us to buy the music from a music store", and that he probably "[wanted] us to put forth the money to provide ourselves with the music." I can only say that unless I'm able to acquire the ENTIRE SCORE, I'm up a creek without a paddle if I make it to call-backs, and I find out that I have to have my own music for "A Little Fall of Rain", TOO! What does he WANT from us? He's a nice guy, and I know that I procrastinated, but, really...
------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm also WAY out of touch, with regards to the modern way by which to create a theatre resume. I've heard that directors are sick and tired of leafing through pages, and that they'd either like for your resume to be a double-sided deal (Resume on one side, and head shot on the other), or a corner-photo resume (The resume is on the page, but your head shot is smaller, and it's positioned in the upper right-hand side of the resume). I'll need to check the web for examples of such cool resumes, but if there are any other tips that I should know, feel free to give them to me.

Thanks so much for any advice that you may be able to give to me, and thanks in advance for your replies.
:o

OPINION: Mitt Romney is "that wicked plastic man!"

Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]