Re: Ingenue make-up advice needed!! (asap)
While I am no makeup expert, I have a few hints for you.
An ingenue is usually a young, innocent heroine type, so your look must be young, fresh, innocent, and sweet.
The following are a few hints:
* Make your complexion look fresh! Your skin tone seems to be fair to medium, so play up its fair aspect, especially with regards to your face, neck, and chest, by applying some natural-looking powder (?) over the regular stage makeup. The under eye bags can more than likely be corrected with some light-hued makeup. If a more country/ prairie look is desired, paint a few freckles across your nose, making certain that they look stage-appropriate, yet natural.
* Your eyes are naturally blue, right? Big, blue eyes always seem to look good on an innocent ingenue, so play up the wide-eyed look with eyeliner, and either lash-extending mascara, or false eyelashes. Your eyelashes should look long and fluttery, for maximum effect. If your look must be more pretty than natural, wear powder blue or lavender eye shadow, but if you're supposed to look plain, utilize peach, tan, white (with just a hint of blue), or tawny eye shadow.
* Make your cheeks look extra rosy! Innocent ingenues should sport rosy, healthy-looking cheeks, so don't be afraid of the blush, and perhaps add a tad of blush to your forehead, and to your nose and chin, too!
* Your lip color can make you look more like an ingenue! Choosing a pretty hue of pink lipstick can make you look innocent and pretty. Applying some clear gloss on top of the lipstick can make an innocent pout stand out even more!
* Don't forget the eyebrow pencil! An ingenue's eyebrows should be expressive, so if yours are a tad light, make them slightly darker, for maximum effect!
* Highlighting and shadows are important! If you'd like to make your nose look longer, "shade" the sides of it with slightly darker makeup. If you want your cheeks to look more hollow, use the blush brush to create a more elongated stroke, rather than a round one.
As I said, I know about as much about stage makeup as Elvira knows about saying Grace, but I hope that the aforementioned hints are helpful.
Well, thanks in advance for your reply, and I hope that you are able to make a successful ingenue!