The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Examples of bad MT lyrics 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Next to Normal, Bonnie and Clyde
Main Role: Performer
Post Re: Examples of bad MT lyrics
This logical fallacy in Too Late To Turn Back Now" from Bonnie and Clyde by Wildhorn

"I knew I would make the headlines
But I wasn't sure just how"

She was positive the entire time how she was going to make the headlines! She was convinced she was going to be a big movie star for the last act and a 1/4! The rest of the song not only contradicts the whole first act, but it forces the character, Bonnie, to change her state of mind and out look on the future so quickly that its hard for the audience to swallow, near impossible for anyone to play convincingly, because its not realistic normal human behavior.

Sun May 08, 2016 1:29 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: Examples of bad MT lyrics
The Invisible Techie wrote:
This logical fallacy in Too Late To Turn Back Now" from Bonnie and Clyde by Wildhorn

"I knew I would make the headlines
But I wasn't sure just how"

She was positive the entire time how she was going to make the headlines! She was convinced she was going to be a big movie star for the last act and a 1/4! The rest of the song not only contradicts the whole first act, but it forces the character, Bonnie, to change her state of mind and out look on the future so quickly that its hard for the audience to swallow, near impossible for anyone to play convincingly, because its not realistic normal human behavior.

To me it makes perfect sense. Even within that song she says that she always wanted to be an actress. And she makes references to that even before she sings the song. So basically the lyric in question is saying I could be famous for something other than what I thought it would be.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Wed May 11, 2016 5:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7