The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
'Cult Musicals' 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: Cult Musicals
RainbowJude wrote:
Some of the shows mentioned in this thread are not available for production at present. Has the production been announced yet?

They probably won't announce it until shortly before Christmas. But I'll definitely let you all know when they do.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:07 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: 'Cult Musicals'
The performance has been announced, and it will be an encore production of a show they did last year: Spelling Bee!

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:01 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
I don't know if I would call The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee a "cult" musical. It has a decent sized main stream following in theatre communities and of course did quite well at the Tony's a few years back. Granted it's not standard faire when it comes to musicals...but cult show...I'm not so sure.

On a related note, I just closed my second run as Panch in "The Bee" tonight in another professional production. I could virtually do that role in my sleep now!

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:34 pm

Current Obsession: Musicals!
Post Cult Musicals
Patch wrote:
I don't know if I would call The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee a "cult" musical. It has a decent sized mainstream following in theatre communities and of course did quite well at the Tony's a few years back. Granted it's not standard fair when it comes to musicals... but cult show... I'm not so sure.

I'd also be hesitant to call The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee a cult musical. I certainly think this particular show has a broader appeal that what one would expect of a cult show.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:12 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

This thread is over three years old, so I thought it might be a good idea to bump it with an updated list of which shows of the ones that were mentioned still aren't available for licensing:
-Barbarella
-Time
-Repo
-Dr. Horrible
-Miss Gulch Returns
-Very Potter Musical

Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:52 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

The reasons for AVPM not being available for licensing should be fairly obvious. Repo and Dr. Horrible, not so much.

Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:34 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

And apparently as far as "Miss Gulch Returns" goes, all you have to do is contact the composer and ask him.

Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2