The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Harry Potter BITCHES!! :D :D 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

lovesinging wrote:
Lepitot wrote:
The only thing I dislike about the ending is that Ron doesn't say the lines that should be his, and then he stands 10 feet behind Harry and Hermione as it fades out.

That was my biggest issue with the ending. It just didn't seem--for lack of a better word--complete without the entire trio standing together to face what lies ahead of them.

I've seen the movie twice, and correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they all standing against the railing TOGETHER as it fades out? It goes (from left to right), Harry, Ron and Hermione on the balcony.

Having seen it 8 times, and the ending maaaaany times at work, Ron is standing a bit behind Harry and Hermione. They are all "together" but Ron is still behind them by a few feet.

I really liked the Phoenix flying into the sky and the fade out. I thought that was a really good touch.

"Why do we play with fire? Why do we run our finger through the flame?...why, do we refuse to hang a light when the streets are dangerous? Why does it take an accident before the truth gets through to us? Actions speak louder than words.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:00 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
Jman383 wrote:
lovesinging wrote:
Lepitot wrote:
The only thing I dislike about the ending is that Ron doesn't say the lines that should be his, and then he stands 10 feet behind Harry and Hermione as it fades out.

That was my biggest issue with the ending. It just didn't seem--for lack of a better word--complete without the entire trio standing together to face what lies ahead of them.

I've seen the movie twice, and correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they all standing against the railing TOGETHER as it fades out? It goes (from left to right), Harry, Ron and Hermione on the balcony.

Having seen it 8 times, and the ending maaaaany times at work, Ron is standing a bit behind Harry and Hermione. They are all "together" but Ron is still behind them by a few feet.

I really liked the Phoenix flying into the sky and the fade out. I thought that was a really good touch.

The pheonix was perfect!

Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:10 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I really enjoyed it overall (though being a book geek obviously I noticed most of the omissions).

Alan Rickman, Rupert Grint and Tom Felton all completely nailed it.
I also loved Evanna Lynch and the girl playing Lavender - both excellent.

However, I don't love Michael Gambon. He doesn't seem wise or sage enough for me - I miss Richard Harris, really.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:16 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Lepitot wrote:

The pheonix was perfect!

I loved it as well. I kept waiting for it to burn though, so that it would show the 'rebirth' of the quest (or whatever you want to call it) after Dumbledore's death.

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But, vice versa - the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant. --The Doctor

Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:20 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Jman383 wrote:
lovesinging wrote:
Lepitot wrote:

See, I saw the way they were standing as more of a pretty picture. Rupert is a fair bit taller than Emma and Dan, therefore he was in the middle, and a bit staggered. I didn't mind it. I did notice his lack of participation in the conversation, though, which was off to me.

And honestly, I don't want to start on a big HBC debate, and I understand that many of you like her in this, but can you really, seriously, call her a "versatile" actress? I have never seen any versatility from her at all. Every role she plays is exactly the same.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

No, I can definitely call her versatile. While it is true that her roles LOOK the same in appearance (Lovett, Bellatrix etc), she has definitely not been. For example, in the movie Merlin, she plays a rather sad and pathetic Morgan le Fay. She's absolutely brilliant in the role. Furthermore, her role in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" is very sweet and soft. Also, though I don't exactly remember, isn't her role in "Big Fish" like the ingenue?

The only comparison I can see you making in saying that is her Lovett and her Bella... but still, there are very notable differences. Her Lovett was somewhat soft and humorous, Bella is crazy and neurotic. Theyre costuming and such is similar though.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But, vice versa - the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant. --The Doctor

Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:50 pm

Yes, Jordan, in Big Fish, HBC plays an ingenue.

And I saw HP again last night.
It was different than the first time. I thought it was much funnier the first time, but like, now I realise some of it is a bit lame.

And I really do miss the old Dumbledore too. His voice was wonderful!

Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:55 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I hated richard harris dumbledore. MG is slightly better, but I still feel like they don't get the character...he is much more eccentric and quirky in the book

Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I like Gambon's Dumbledore. He's much stronger than Harris was. And in this one, especially, I really do think he's getting quirkier. My favorite but was with the knitting pattern. I'm so glad they kept that in there.

And HBC plays two roles in Big Fish - the ingenue, and the witch (as usual). Her role in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is so small, I hardly count that. And I haven't seen Merlin.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

And I haven't seen Merlin.

*GASP* Go watch it. now.

Sorry, done hijacking. Continue as you were.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:18 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: writing songs
Looking through the films, I think one has to pay attention to little details that give you stuff on Voldemort...

Chamber of Secrets: "Surely, you didn't think I would keep my filthy muggle father's name? No. I fashioned myself a new name..."
Tom Riddle says something to that effect, if not that exactly, in the second movie.

There was also Dumbledore's saying something about to severe results if any more of Voldemort's old school things should fall into the wrong hands...maybe that wording was put i then figure specifically so Harry could have some sort of connection to figure out the other items belonged to....well, the sword belonged to Gryffindor, so maybe he'll figure out the rest.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:24 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next