The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Harry Potter BITCHES!! :D :D 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

But what about the part before that? When Harry's being taken to the Burrow by Hagrid, Ron, Hermione, etc. and they're all attacked by Death Eaters? That's when Hedwig and Moody die and George looses an ear.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Yeah the beginning is one of the best, most exciting parts of the last book. I can't wait for the next movie! :D

p.s. Is it 100% confirmed that the last book is split into 2 films?? If it is then I really think that's stupid! :evil:

Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:21 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

They're doing that because they want to keep as much as possible from the book, but there's just too much for one film.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:24 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Yeah the beginning is one of the best, most exciting parts of the last book. I can't wait for the next movie! :D

p.s. Is it 100% confirmed that the last book is split into 2 films?? If it is then I really think that's stupid! :evil:

how is that stupid. The last 3 movies should have been like that. Keeps all the important information in. The final battle is supposed to be almsot an hour

Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

The beginning of this film also threw me off for quite a bit.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:03 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

If you read the book (assuming you didn't)Dumbledore fetches Harry from the Dursley's home instead of the subway station.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:14 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Yes they are all standing together in the final shot. I remember thinking "No! Why is Ron sitting in the background while Harry and Hermione stand on the balcony and get the final shot". But then Ron came into the frame and I breathed a sigh of relief lol

Oy, you're right. I just remember being really annoyed at the long conversation while Ron just sat in the back alone. Sorry about that.

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But, vice versa - the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant. --The Doctor

Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:45 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

If you read the book (assuming you didn't)Dumbledore fetches Harry from the Dursley's home instead of the subway station.

No, I read the book. I just found the conversation he had with the girl with fro kind of awkward and I was just kind of "Did I miss something when reading the book?". LOL. :lol:

Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:00 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:30 pm

What WAS the beginning of this movie? I can't seem to remember :?

Also, it has been stated that the actress playing Fleur Delacour will not return for DH.
Which makes one wonder if the character will be cut entirely or if a different actress will play her...

Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:07 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
Brigantine wrote:
Jman383 wrote:
correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they all standing against the railing TOGETHER as it fades out? It goes (from left to right), Harry, Ron and Hermione on the balcony.

I think I'm going to go see it tonight, I'll watch out for that and let everyone know! :)

kk thanks, Brig :)

Nope! For some reason Ron is just sitting on a bench way behind them. I thought that was bizarre.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:17 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

This "reinvention" isn't worth the time. they really crapped all over the beginning. No Dursleys, nor Gaunts. Instead they added extraneous material not in the book and for the most part wasn't worth the time.(Although I can understand the "No Elves" attitude. I don't expect Dobby or Kreacher in the last movies. And if they do show up, how will it make any sense considering their absence from the previous films?)

No Ministry, no obvious evidence that the ministry is even doing anything remotely connected to opposing the Death Eaters. (When they invaded Hogwarts, they could have taken it, but they ran away??? Why? We sure didn't see any reason.)
It was a relief to see Lupin and Tonks for all the brevity they gave the characters. Which was a shame considering the nice subplot they had in the book, which wasn't existent in the movie.

Snape should have had more time for the buildup to what comes later. I have no doubt that when his death comes it will be as anticlimatic and unemotional as Dumbledore's was. The ending to this movie was just a disaster.

*sigh* Never underestimate a "pre-sold" audience.
:?

Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next