The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Harry Potter BITCHES!! :D :D 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Chamber of Secrets: "Surely, you didn't think I would keep my filthy muggle father's name? No. I fashioned myself a new name..."
Tom Riddle says something to that effect, if not that exactly, in the second movie.

He does, during one of the memories Harry witnesses using Dumbledore's Pensieve.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:33 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: writing songs
Main Role: Performer
I was talking about when Harry was down in the Chamber of Secrets facing the memory of Tom Riddle.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:35 pm
Profile YIM
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Paul Gordon's new musical, "Emma"
Jman383 wrote:
Brigantine wrote:
Jman383 wrote:
correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they all standing against the railing TOGETHER as it fades out? It goes (from left to right), Harry, Ron and Hermione on the balcony.

I think I'm going to go see it tonight, I'll watch out for that and let everyone know! :)

kk thanks, Brig :)

Nope! For some reason Ron is just sitting on a bench way behind them. I thought that was bizarre.

FINALLY saw it tonight. And the end is as such- when Harry and Hermione are talking about the locket, it's just them standing at the railing, and Ron is sitting on a step behind them. Then Fawkes flies by and they all get up to watch him. They move across the tower to a different balcony, where Harry and Hermione are standing at the railing, and Ron is now standing, although a few feet behind them. The shot is from the back though so it's hard to tell, but he is definitely not on the same plane; but left to right, he is in the middle of the shot.

More thoughts tomorrow... bedtime... Zzzzzzzz....

Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:17 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

I just saw it. I enjoyed it. I thought it was good. I'm NOT a purist, or a shipper, but I've been a fan of the books and remember things that caught my attention when I read them.

SPOILERS. Duh.
Things that kind of bugged me:
1) The Elder Wand. Becomes a big deal in the last movie. Did I miss something? Could it have been that hard to show Dumbledore holding it? I looked for it....or are they shortening the three-items thing in the next movie?
2) No attempt to explain WHY Draco needed to get the cabinet working so the Death Eaters could get to Hogwarts. There was no battle. Snape did the dirty deed. Then Beatrix breaks some stuff and they all run away shrieking. Why were the rest of them there? To witness the killing? They didn't explain it at all.
3) Harry's view of the murder. "I just STOOD there!" In the book, he was frozen and invisible, and raging and helpless. Having him stand there in shock, silent, was both awkward and inconsistent with his reactions in previous movies.
4) Lavender. I could have down with a couple fewer shots of her swooning.

However, the actors have grown, I didn't mind Ginny, I like HBC, and Rupert is developing quite a talent for comedy. Crossing my fingers for the final films.

http://tinyurl.com/23ctc3n

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:33 am
Profile WWW

Current Obsession: Shaw
1) The Elder Wand. Becomes a big deal in the last movie. Did I miss something? Could it have been that hard to show Dumbledore holding it? I looked for it....or are they shortening the three-items thing in the next movie?
2) No attempt to explain WHY Draco needed to get the cabinet working so the Death Eaters could get to Hogwarts. There was no battle. Snape did the dirty deed. Then Beatrix breaks some stuff and they all run away shrieking. Why were the rest of them there? To witness the killing? They didn't explain it at all.
3) Harry's view of the murder. "I just STOOD there!" In the book, he was frozen and invisible, and raging and helpless. Having him stand there in shock, silent, was both awkward and inconsistent with his reactions in previous movies.
4) Lavender. I could have down with a couple fewer shots of her swooning.

1) Actually, they did a great job of setting up the Deathly Hallows plotline. The Invisibility Cloak has been absent from the past few films...they brought it back in HBP when Harry used it on the Hogwarts Express. There was a close-up of Dumbledore in his office holding the Resurrection Stone, if I'm not mistaken. Harry was shown in Dumbledore's Office at the end holding Dumbledore's wand, which, of course, was the Elder Wand, at this point under mastership of Draco Malfoy (who they also clearly showed Disarming Dumbledore).

2) I guess in the film version of HBP they played it as the Death Eaters mainly being their for support/back-up in case things went wrong or Snape didn't follow through. But yeah, that irked me a bit too.

3) I agree.

4) I actually thought she was quite funny and well-acted by Jessie Cave. An opinion's an opinion, of course. I will say they overplayed the romance a bit. Although it did suit the movie well.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

1) Actually, they did a great job of setting up the Deathly Hallows plotline.
Only if they rape the movie of all the book material like they did in HBP movie.

I mean really, from a fan of the books, this movie blew ass.

:evil:

Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:06 pm

Current Obsession: Shaw
ActingDude17 wrote:
1) Actually, they did a great job of setting up the Deathly Hallows plotline.
Only if they rape the movie of all the book material like they did in HBP movie.

I mean really, from a fan of the books, this movie blew ass.

:evil:

Honestly, I'm a book purist too! I know the films are **** compared to the books and I really wish and pray movie fans would read them. But Dax, film and literature are two different mediums. When I see a HP film I judge it as a stand-alone movie and not an adaptation. That's absolutely the only way I can enjoy it. When I approach it that way, I really do like the films.

Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:55 pm
Profile WWW

Current Obsession: Paul Gordon's new musical, "Emma"

Well, I saw it as he was still bound by his promise he made to Dumbledore to do whatever he asked of him. Didn't D tell him to go get Snape? And harry had no way of knowing that Dumbledore was about to DIE... he was stuck watching because he had promised to go get Snape, but wanted to know what the #$!% was going on.
At least, that's how I reconciled it.

Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23