The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66
Review the last Movie you Saw thread... 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: Review the last Movie you Saw thread...
Coco

The trailers didn't thrill me so I didn't see it in the theater. But I had a chance to see it for free, so...what the heck. I went in a tough customer. A bit predictable in its "Day of the Dead" theme. But they crafted a good story with some good plot twists. I the end, they won me over. Doesn't end on a strong sequel so that might not be happening. Pixar seems to have lost some of its magic. Coco still made a lot of money so Pixar is still a good draw.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:20 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Isle of Dogs

Same look and style of Anderson's Fantastic Mr Fox. In Fox, the people were voiced by Brits and the animals were American. In Isle of Dogs, people speak Japanese and the dogs speak English. Actually, they are supposed to be barking but it is translated for us. Sometimes the Japanese is translated.

Isle of Dogs has the same pacing and deadpan humor of Mr Fox, the pace is slow so I found it a bit difficult to keep up, which is important as this film, though stop motion, is a bit sophisticated. I think kids might find it boring. I hope to see it again as I think it is a film requiring more than one viewing to take it all in.

Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:05 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Ready Player ONE

I'm not much of a Spielberg fan, I think at times he overdirects. But this movie...wow! It's a fun movie with a point. The movie topic has been done before, but Ready PLayer One tries to blur the line between reality and virtual reality. Action throughout with a nice message in the end.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:29 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Solo

Ok, pretty much all the Star Wars movies after New Hope have disappointed me. Not sure what it is but nothing can equal the thrills and chills of the first. But even so, give Ron Howard credit, he can direct. Solo is a good film. A lot of stuff happening with a good ending. Howard somehow holds it all together. So this might have been his ultimate challenge. Unless of course he wants to do a Star Trek movie. But for Star Trek, I want J. J. Abrams directing.

Tue May 29, 2018 9:26 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Incredibles II

A bit disappointed. It lacks the energy and fun of the first. Still worth seeing though as its climax is good. Wish this version had a tighter story. Edna Mode doesn't have that much of a role which is a shame. She was hilarious in the first. Jack-Jack has considerable powers which he'll have to learn to control.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66