The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
OT: Musical Song Moment Similarities 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post OT: Musical Song Moment Similarities
Dear Musicals.Net Posters,

I've been thinking a lot about the musicals "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" (the 1971 Disney movie) and "Carrie" (the 1988 Broadway musical), and I swear that whenever Carrie starts singing that one song ("I'm Not Alone"?....the one where she's dancing around, moving objects with her mind, and singing about the fact that she's finally found a hot guy, etc.), I keep thinking about "Substitutiary Locomotion". Of course, there was a character named "Carrie" in that story, too, so it's easy to make the connection for more than one reason, but it's kind of hilarious, 'cause I keep thinking about how both Carrie and Eglantine danced shoes across the floor during a song! :lol:

If only Carrie could've time-warped, she could've escaped from her town, helped to win WW2, and practiced magic with a brand new family. She also would've had a charming new father and two little siblings! I think that she'd have made a wonderful...."Carrie Browne". 8-)

Thanks in advance for your replies. 8-)

I want someone who's the deviant version of Fred MacMurray, David Tomlinson & William Schallert....but who has the looks of guys like Dan Haggerty, Kris Kristofferson & Tom Selleck.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]