The Resource For Musicals

West Side Story Forum

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
has anybody heard the pet shop boys version of somewhere? 
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Post has anybody heard the pet shop boys version of somewhere?
i think it's ace.

sorry if this has been brought up before.

i love the uptempo to it.

of course i love anything psb does.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:09 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

yeah I think West Side Story is SUCH a great musical, that the music sounds good in any style :)

Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:42 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I love their version--I also love the version of Losing My Mind they did for Liza Minelli. Yeah, I get why a lot of fans of the musicals dislike them, but I love pop music, dance music, and LOVE the Boys and I think it's done with love and respect.

They've mentioned a numbe rof times how much they adore musicals from Sound of Music to Sondheim who they mention a lot (the song they wrote for Liza, So Sorry I Said is meant to sound like a Sondheim lyric). They even were guest programmers on Elaine Page's BBC musical show a while back. Funny they're not too keen on Lloyd Webber (they even disparage Phantom of the Opera and its eternal run in one song--written 15 years ago--and it's still running). Funny because the Really Useful Group of his were one of the main producers of their own musical Closer to Heaven.

Which is one of my favorite musical scores, but I know many people either don't know or hate :P

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:25 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

I love their version--I also love the version of Losing My Mind they did for Liza Minelli. Yeah, I get why a lot of fans of the musicals dislike them, but I love pop music, dance music, and LOVE the Boys and I think it's done with love and respect.

They've mentioned a numbe rof times how much they adore musicals from Sound of Music to Sondheim who they mention a lot (the song they wrote for Liza, So Sorry I Said is meant to sound like a Sondheim lyric). They even were guest programmers on Elaine Page's BBC musical show a while back. Funny they're not too keen on Lloyd Webber (they even disparage Phantom of the Opera and its eternal run in one song--written 15 years ago--and it's still running). Funny because the Really Useful Group of his were one of the main producers of their own musical Closer to Heaven.

Which is one of my favorite musical scores, but I know many people either don't know or hate :P

sweet!!! a PET SHOPPIE!!!!

hey have you seen this video of somewhere off youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayC84mlLEBY

i love how they are at the west end.....and how they show respect to sondheim in the beginning calling him a renaissance man.

tbh , psb got me into theatre. and i loved Losing my mind with liza.

heh. i listen to THeatre from the album Very practically every day.

Very is probably in my top 10 albums of all time.

THANKS TO LEXI THAT SEXY BEASTTTTTTTTTT FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGIE! AND I TRIED TO TYPE A MESSAGE AND SAVE IT TO STAY IN MY SIGGIE, BUT IT SAID SIGNATURE IS TOO LONG, SO I HAVE TO DO THIS GHETTO WAY OF SHOWING SOME LOVE SO ITS ALL GRAVY BABY

Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:51 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
Pet Sho pBoys produced a great tribute album to Noel Coward a few years back using pop stars..their own contribution was a very ethereal "Sail Away".

Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]