The Resource For Musicals

West Side Story Forum

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
What Couples 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post What Couples
I am in West Side Story .. and i was wondering what jet girls goes with which boy ... meaning I know that velma and riff are together but what are the rest ..

Danielle

Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:11 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Riff goes with Velma. Graziella goes with Diesel. That's about it. Unfortunately, the Jet girls don't really have a big part, and the script doesn't specify which girls go with which guy.

For the Sharks, it's Bernardo and Anita, Chino and Maria (for a little while at least), and Pepe and Consuela.

Currently: Nothing!
Recently Finished: Alexander in Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Jinx (u/s) in Forever Plaid

Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:50 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Last edited by NoOneMournsTheWicked on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:55 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I was Tiger, like the most random jet, and I was paired up with just an additional Jet girl. I think bsides R? V and D/G it is just a matter of finding other stand in girls for Dance at the Gym. And drugstore scene and such.

Much thanks to xxstagekiss for the wonderful banner.

Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:27 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

For mine we also put Rosalia with Indio.

We also did Anybodys with Baby John for the dance- we put Anybodys in a dress with sneakers, and at the very beginning, we had her look like she was begrudginly linking arms with him and dancing with him. It was cute.

Could you post a picture of Anybody's in the dress? I am costuming this show and I'm considering putting her in a dress but I would like to get some ideas first. Thanks!

Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:05 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Riff goes with Velma. Graziella goes with Diesel. That's about it. Unfortunately, the Jet girls don't really have a big part, and the script doesn't specify which girls go with which guy.

For the Sharks, it's Bernardo and Anita, Chino and Maria (for a little while at least), and Pepe and Consuela.

I always thought Graziella and Velma both went with Riff (at least in the movie). Isn't it Graziella who cries her heart out after Riff gets killed? Maybe it works differently in the stage version.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]