The Resource For Musicals

West Side Story Forum

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
what did you sing, what did you get? 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post what did you sing, what did you get?
let's share our audition songs.

I sang "Somebody Somewhere" and "It's all the Same" and got Anita. How about you all?

Mon May 28, 2007 8:31 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I sang "If I Loved You" from Carousel and got Anita
rather odd I know, but I was gearing more towards Maria
I am thrilled for anita though. Shes quite kick butt :wink:

Dream Role: Gertrude in Suessical

Tue May 29, 2007 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Last edited by NoOneMournsTheWicked on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 29, 2007 7:47 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I sang "Perfidia" from 4 Guys Named Jose and Una Mujer Named Maria (a lesser-know musical revue of Latin songs). I sang it like the cast recording, where most of the song is in English, with one verse in Spanish. It's the perfect range for Anita, and I got the part!

Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:00 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I sang I Feel Pretty ANd Tonight, ANd got the part of rosalia, I was shooting for Maria, But this part was pretty good![/u]

Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:00 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Main Role: Performer
I sung One hand on Heart and I feel Pretty. They were the songs we were asked to sing if we wanted to go for Maria. I got the part of Rosalia. So happy now i did. That part was fab!xx

Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:59 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

At my school, they hear u sing first. So I sang "I feel Pretty" and then got a callback. So I was paired with a guy that was REALLY cute but I'd never seen him before. We sang "Tonight" and sounded PERFECT together. We got another callback. Only three couples were called back that time. We had to sing as a pair and a solo. So I sang "For Good" from Wicked since u could sing anything. Then my paired guy sang, sticking to WSS "Maria" HE WAS SO GOOD!!!!! He was like the dream Tony. The director cried. Then we sang "One Hand, One Heart" as a pair. I saw the others, they were good. But then we got a 3rd callback, the last one. It was us or these two kids named Ronald and Patricia. They were like perfect harmony angels. Patricia was hispanic, I'm a blonde. I knew chances were quite slim. They sang "Somewhere" and I was basically crying. My partner, Drew, looked over at me and was like "U ok?" I nodded and we went on. Since I am such a Wicked fan, we sang "As Long As Your Mine" I got lost in another world. Staring into his eyes I realized why we were paired. We were perfect. Not only in voice but personalities, too. As I sang the song I noticed, I wasn't singing to just a song from my favorite musical, I knew I was singing it from my heart. I sang my strongest when I realized that it was true. If we didn't win, we would get teared apart. So I sang for real cuz I knew that this was just a "As Long As Your Mine" moment. I sang full out, using a full breath of air each word I sang. I locked eyes with his as we sang on and on. This was a WSS moment. And a Wicked moment I guessed. But as I turned to bow at the and, which "turned out to be over too fast", I saw the director blubbering :cry: and clapping and cheering. And Patricia, nose in air, mouth turned up, and snorting. :evil: She was so jealous. Ronald clapped a bit, looked at Patricia, laughed and kept clapping. Me and Drew collided in the hall the next day. "Let's see who made it!" he grabbed my hand, and at that moment, my heart was beating like there was more than "one heart", he pulled me across the halls. I squeezed his hand and closed my eyes shut as he looked on the cast list. Then I knew, If we didn't make it, we could still be together. He gave my hand an extra squeeze as he turned to face me. "WE MADE IT!" he told me. I screamed. He kissed me. On the lips. I screamed again. He hugged me. :D Then he took both my hands and said "I was hoping to spend more time with u anyways." I giggled, blushed. :oops: "Maybe working on the kissing scene." He leaned in, and kissed me again. This time, I kissed him back and I knew, it wasn't just a moment, he really was mine.

Yep. Remember it like it was yesterday.

Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:06 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

At my school, they hear u sing first. So I sang "I feel Pretty" and then got a callback. So I was paired with a guy that was REALLY cute but I'd never seen him before. We sang "Tonight" and sounded PERFECT together. We got another callback. Only three couples were called back that time. We had to sing as a pair and a solo. So I sang "For Good" from Wicked since u could sing anything. Then my paired guy sang, sticking to WSS "Maria" HE WAS SO GOOD!!!!! He was like the dream Tony. The director cried. Then we sang "One Hand, One Heart" as a pair. I saw the others, they were good. But then we got a 3rd callback, the last one. It was us or these two kids named Ronald and Patricia. They were like perfect harmony angels. Patricia was hispanic, I'm a blonde. I knew chances were quite slim. They sang "Somewhere" and I was basically crying. My partner, Drew, looked over at me and was like "U ok?" I nodded and we went on. Since I am such a Wicked fan, we sang "As Long As Your Mine" I got lost in another world. Staring into his eyes I realized why we were paired. We were perfect. Not only in voice but personalities, too. As I sang the song I noticed, I wasn't singing to just a song from my favorite musical, I knew I was singing it from my heart. I sang my strongest when I realized that it was true. If we didn't win, we would get teared apart. So I sang for real cuz I knew that this was just a "As Long As Your Mine" moment. I sang full out, using a full breath of air each word I sang. I locked eyes with his as we sang on and on. This was a WSS moment. And a Wicked moment I guessed. But as I turned to bow at the and, which "turned out to be over too fast", I saw the director blubbering :cry: and clapping and cheering. And Patricia, nose in air, mouth turned up, and snorting. :evil: She was so jealous. Ronald clapped a bit, looked at Patricia, laughed and kept clapping. Me and Drew collided in the hall the next day. "Let's see who made it!" he grabbed my hand, and at that moment, my heart was beating like there was more than "one heart", he pulled me across the halls. I squeezed his hand and closed my eyes shut as he looked on the cast list. Then I knew, If we didn't make it, we could still be together. He gave my hand an extra squeeze as he turned to face me. "WE MADE IT!" he told me. I screamed. He kissed me. On the lips. I screamed again. He hugged me. :D Then he took both my hands and said "I was hoping to spend more time with u anyways." I giggled, blushed. :oops: "Maybe working on the kissing scene." He leaned in, and kissed me again. This time, I kissed him back and I knew, it wasn't just a moment, he really was mine.

Yep. Remember it like it was yesterday.

...that is almost too perfect:)

Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:20 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Thank u, I think. It did turn out 2 be lucky. But lately, really bad luck. And I don't know, but I think hes cheating on me! Oh well, off topic. Back to WEst Side Story! :D

Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:22 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I wanted Anita in the worst way... So I sang "Perfidia" from a lesser-known revue called 4 Guys Named Jose...and Una Mujer Named Maria. On the cast album, she sings part of the song in English and part in Spanish, which is what I did. I also got a great tan and mastered the accent before auditions.

Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:38 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I was shooting for Anita so I was asked to sing "America" and "A Boy Like That". I was also asked to sing "Somewhere" with the girls auditioning for Maria.
I don't have the range for Maria so I knew that I wouldn't get that part.
I got cast as Rosalia.
My director told me that the only reason that I didn't get the part of Anita was that she wanted the Anita's to be stronger singers than the Maria's and our Maria's are really strong singers.
I am really happy with my part though because I get to sing quite a bit of "America" and some of "I Feel Pretty". The Shark girls have also been put into the "Tonigh Quintet" as we have more Jets than Sharks.

Previous:
Grease - Jan
The Wiz - Tornado dancer, Poppy dancer, Munchkin, Salsa dancer, Glinda
Bugsy Malone - Velma, Pickett, Ventriloquist

Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:43 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

A long, long time ago, I sang "Millwork" from Working and got an ensemble character with an understudy job as Anita. I was too young to get a "full part."

Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]