The Resource For Musicals

West Side Story Forum

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
WSS BLOOPERS 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Haaa! Poison Boot! And wow he shoots Maria! lol! thats funny!

The Pajama Game: Al

Present:
Bye, Bye, Birdie: Albert

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:05 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Last edited by NoOneMournsTheWicked on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:58 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
rule number one..always have a back up pistol for someone to shoot backstage.

Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:14 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Last edited by NoOneMournsTheWicked on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:40 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

we had a sound effect shot and Chino went to shoot and it didn't go off, then Tony died like he was supposed to and in the middle fo the next scene the sound effect went off, and Maria pretended to shoot off into nowhere, nice save by her but it was very amusing

Fri May 04, 2007 11:35 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I bet there are so many WSS bloopers caused by the gun not going off! We have like 3 backup plans. We have a sound effect at the ready, we have a back up gun... thank goodness we haven't needed it yet.

There are so many bloopers from my production of WSS, but they're all stupid dancing issues. Like Nardo dropped me in one of the lifts, I tripped him in the mambo... I'm gonna upload the video clips so yall can see em. Pretty funny.

Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:52 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I bet there are so many WSS bloopers caused by the gun not going off! We have like 3 backup plans. We have a sound effect at the ready, we have a back up gun... thank goodness we haven't needed it yet.

A little bit off topic, but I once saw a high school production of Oklahoma! where the gun wouldn't go off in the smokehouse scene. The kid playing Curly got out of it by turning to Jud and saying "Does this thing work?" Then he tried it again and it worked.

Granted, he could do that because it was in a much less crucial and dramatic scene. Hard to see Chino getting away with something like that...

But it's sure better than calling out "poison boot!"

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:08 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

We didn't have too many "bloopers" per say, more like, accidents.
*first, everyone and their mom has had a chino gun firing accident as far as I can tell. We did too, but only during rehearsals.
*Almost our entire cast was female. Most of the shark gang (all but two) and half of the Jets. I was a female gang member (Tiger).
*Our first perfomance, we all got into the mini rumble during the prologue because we were getting so pumped and Chino accidentally really punched me in the face and then I proceeded to punch another Shark straight in the gut. The same Shark had given me bruises all up and down my arms. Completely unintentional.
*During the dream sequence, I tanked it over our smalled Jet girl, which just caused a mini domino effect, but there was enough going on that it looked almost planned.
*Our very flamboyant Baby John was kicked out of the play 2 weeks before production (missed too much school, like, an entire month for no reason). Scary.
*Our Officer Krupke could never get the one line (something about rumbling under the high way) and would always just come out you...s...oh...under the hiiiiighwaaaaay.
*Our Arab ripped his pants in the very end. We had a few members of both the jets and sharks pick up tony and carry him off-stage. Arab bent down to pick him up, ripped his pants. aaawkward.

Overall, awesome performance.

Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:02 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Sam I Am wrote:
When I played Maria at the end of the show when she is pointing the gun at the gangs and then breaks down and then drops the gun well when the gun hit the stage it went off. One of the techs must have put an extra blank in the gun that night and the impact of the gun to the stage floor set it off. Well it not only made the audience jump, but the performers as well including Tony who was to be dead. We all had a good laugh about it after the performance.

I am ALWAYS afraid that will happen when someone drops a gun! But now I know that it actually COULD happen.

Of course it can happen! The plot of an entire Verdi opera depends on it (sorry, this is WAY O/T).

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Forza_del_Destino

Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:25 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

this wasn't my production, but a friend told me that one night in his the chino forgot the gun to shoot tony. so through his amazing improv skills he pulled his boot off and threw it at tony shouting "Poison Boot!"

Tony gave him a "are you serious?" look and died. Maria then proceeded to do her speech saying "is there enough boot left for you or me?"

This is such a riot!! Thanks for the morning laughs, Jekkienumber24601!!

Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:14 am
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

this wasn't my production, but a friend told me that one night in his the chino forgot the gun to shoot tony. so through his amazing improv skills he pulled his boot off and threw it at tony shouting "Poison Boot!"

Tony gave him a "are you serious?" look and died. Maria then proceeded to do her speech saying "is there enough boot left for you or me?"

HAHAHAHA!! I think if that had happened in my cast the director would have given us a medal of honour! xD

I remember back in my WSS days, we deffinately had our blooper moments too.

-During the scene after Gee Officer Krupke, Anybodys came out, and accidentally informed the Jets of "Bernardo and Tony's Sister"
-During the scene before (or is it after?) Cool, instead of saying "Kick it, Doc!" Riff said "COCK IT, DOC!" (Still undecided on whether or not that one was intentional.)
-During the tonight Balcony scene, when I climbed down the balcony and Tony had his little solo, I'm not wuite sure what happened, either he forgot the words, or he wasn't paying attention to his que, but he totally missed like 4 bars of his solo and made up for it by singing at double speed xD
-One night during the dance in the gym. Anita was having some zipper troubles with her dress. And I had to spend every moment that I wasn't dancing or staring wistfully at Tony trying to get the damn thing zipped up...

No major slip ups to report though. GREASE (the next season) was deffinately my big blooper show xD

Quote:
Hard to see Chino getting away with something like that...

But it's sure better than calling out "poison boot!"

Hah, I think the reason he did that was because he FORGOT to bring out the gun in the first place. :P

Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:54 am

Current Obsession: Too many to list.
Main Role: Fan
years back I saw a local production of the show. their Tony was violently ill backstage and never came out for tghe final scene where he gets shot by Chino. to the audiences horror, and amusement..chino shot maria instead!! LMAO

May I ask how that was played off??

Anywho the blooper I saw in WWS was someone's mic went off backstage during the second act. No big.

MDN's Superlative Voting Winner:Most Likely To Make You Laugh

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3