The Resource For Musicals

West Side Story Forum

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
WSS BLOOPERS 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
No! dead serious.. my stoqmach hurt so much from laughing i thought i was dying LOL

Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Last edited by NoOneMournsTheWicked on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:54 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Wow! I'm scared now after reading all of those! I've just got the role of Bernardo in WSS. I hope I dont have anything else to write in here after we perform ours!

*Pearce-Half A Sixpence
*Nick-Wedded Blitz
*Tulsa-Gypsy
*Daddy Bear/Bad Wolf (pro childrens tour)-Festive Tales
*Main Sailor-HMS Pinafore
*Bernardo-West side Story

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:07 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post Not so funny but still a MAJOR mistake!
This did not happen to me, but to my violin teacher.

Years ago, she was playing in the pit of a WWS college production and during a fight scene, one of the actors lost control of his knife (not sure if it was real or a prop) and it flew down almost an inch from the scroll of her violin. Naturally she was really upset! Especially because she's a professional, and her violin is really old and valued for major $$$$$.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:59 am
When I played Maria at the end of the show when she is pointing the gun at the gangs and then breaks down and then drops the gun well when the gun hit the stage it went off. One of the techs must have put an extra blank in the gun that night and the impact of the gun to the stage floor set it off. Well it not only made the audience jump, but the performers as well including Tony who was to be dead. We all had a good laugh about it after the performance.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:06 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

When I played Maria at the end of the show when she is pointing the gun at the gangs and then breaks down and then drops the gun well when the gun hit the stage it went off. One of the techs must have put an extra blank in the gun that night and the impact of the gun to the stage floor set it off. Well it not only made the audience jump, but the performers as well including Tony who was to be dead. We all had a good laugh about it after the performance.

I am ALWAYS afraid that will happen when someone drops a gun! But now I know that it actually COULD happen.

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:15 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Okay, the "poison boot" thing is pretty much killing me... I'm laughing soooo hard... :lol:

Also, the late gunshot and the whole Chino shooting Maria thing...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:12 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

The poison boot thing is a total myth. Hilarious, but a myth.

I played Chino once. I got my gun in a rehearsal and practiced firing it. Little did I know that gun powder sprayedout of the top to give the smell and look of an actual gunshot. HOT gun powder. 1st degree burns on my face. Missed three rehearsals.

Past Credits-
Bobby Child-Crazy For You
Archibald Craven-The Secret Garden
Leading Player-Pippin
Lefou- Beauty and the Beast

Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:23 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I don't care if it's a myth, I told everyone in my cast the poison boot thing. Now it's like a cast joke. We all love it.

Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:18 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

When I did West Side Story regionally, we had SO many blooppers. On the first night of the show, during the scene with Tony and Maria on the bed, the nightmare like scene, the bed broke in half.

Chino during the second weekend of the shows, fell during the prologue and hurt his knee and had to leave. We had to find a someone who could play the role by the next scene almost, luckily we had amazing actors who picked up on the roles really fast.

And on the last weekend, during the cool dance- I was Anybody's, when the guys were dancing, I ended up popping my left foot out of place. I had to miss the rumble, which I had a huge part in. Everyone was pushing me to go straight to the hosptial because they thought I tore my tendens. I couldn't leave though so I continued the show with my foot wrapped up in tape and a crutch we found. I was so embrassessed, but everyone thought it was part of the show until the end, when the director annouced that I had been injured and still continued on. I got carried off stage.

During a few shows we had interruptions from cellphones over the microphone, one was froma voicemale, man saying, "Young blonde with blue eyes." It was hilarious.

Past Roles:
Anybodys- West Side Story
Lucinda- Into the Woods
Etcetera- Cats
Rizzo- Grease
Miss Adelaide- Guys&Dolls
Mayzie- Seussical
Genie- Aladdin

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:59 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I trust the person who told me about the poison boot thing. This is coming from a guy who during pimpernel called me a "platypus". Tried to get Percy's men to break character backstage and when Margurite aksed him to help Percy he said "I can't there's still too many spiders" I think "poison boot" is kinda mild enough to actually believe.

-Family Guy's very sarcastic One Tree Hill bit

Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

how'd they play it off from there?!?!

I am convinced you were meant to be a gay man... you were just born a woman. _DCrowley

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
And if you disagree B-I-T-E-M-E.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next