The Night Was Alive 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Other 36%  36%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 33

Favorite Song? 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
Post Favorite Song?
Whats your favorite song from Titanic. and why?

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:19 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

picking just one song is so hard...there were so many memorable ones. My high school put on a production of Titanic and I enjoyed every single minute of it. Lady's Maid, Godspeed Titanic, To the Lifeboats, The Night was Alive, and We'll Meet Tomorrow have to be my favorites. But to pick one, I'd have to say We'll Meet Tomorrow. It's so dramatic and it has one of the best sung lines in the musical (ironically, a relatively small character sings it) when Charles goes, "Come say you love meee as I kisssss your eyes" god that was a good one. ahaha

Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I don't know why, but I've always loved 'The Blame' even though it's probably one of the more forgettable songs.

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I don't know why, but I've always loved 'The Blame' even though it's probably one of the more forgettable songs.

I like the Blame too...it makes the show more human. I like "I Must Get On that Ship"/the Reprise scene the best.

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:12 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Every time.

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:17 pm
well i have to say that my faveourite song is Night Was Alive but on a bias note - coz I am playing Harold Bride and think it's a lovely number, however I love In Every Age - Dressed In Your Pajamas - The Latest Rag - and really all of it - ive become abit addicted to the music to be honest....lol

Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:51 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

^most recent production

Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:14 pm

Main Role: Performer

Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

So many good ones that it's almost impossible to choose, but I'm going to go with "We'll Meet Tomorrow." It's beautiful and stirring. It never fails to make me cry.

Success should be a byproduct of being an actor... because attention and fame will not fulfill a person.
~Sutton Foster

Last edited by nycbound on Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:08 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

"The Blame". As has been said, it makes the three characters that much more human. But why is your poll missing so many of the numbers?

Praise to xxstagekiss

Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:24 pm

Godspeed Titanic makes me cry.
Every time.

Me too. Hearing everyone trusting Titanic with their lives is heartbreaking.

Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:39 am

Current Obsession: Musicals!
Post Favourite Songs in TITANIC
This is a really difficult topic because so much of the score is wonderful, so I'll cheat a little and answer it this way....

Favourite Song i.t.o. Lyrics - "There She Is": What I love about this lyric is how it manages to create an image of the ship through words. It's more than just the choice of words though; it's about the the choice of words with specific vowel and consonant sounds that help to establish not only the size of the ship but also the feeling of seeing it, without anyone actually seeing it at all. This short piece in the mammoth opening sequence is more effective than any of the establishing shots of the same ship in a certain film that premiered around the same time as this show....

Favourite Song i.t.o. Tracks on the OBCR - "Hymn/The Latest Rag:The build in this number is invigorating; the contrast between the hymn and the rag is so much fun; and the counterpoint in the later section of the rag is thrilling.

Favourite Song i.t.o. Character Definition - "The Proposal/The Night Was Alive": While the former section further extends the character of Barret, the latter section draws such a vivid picture of Harold Bride that he becomes one of the most memorable characters in the show.

Favourite Song i.t.o. Marriage of Lyric to Music - "No Moon": I think this song captures the contradictory restless-calm mood of the sequence in which it appears perfectly.

Favourite Song i.t.o. Music - "The Collision": I love how such an understated piece of music communicates such a monumental moment in the narrative. The effect is chilling.

Favourite Song i.t.o. Scene Structure - the "To the Lifeboats" sequence from "Getting in the Lifeboat" through "We'll Meet Tomorrow": I love how this zooms in and out of the chorus and from character to character, bringing to the fore some of the musical themes from earlier in the show and ending in a unified anthem that makes everyone on the ship equal, at least in terms of the experience in the midst of which they are all caught.

That's about as close as I am going to get to choosing a favourite song in this show!

Last edited by RainbowJude on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next