The Resource For Musicals

Sweeney Todd Forum

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
SWEENEY TODD FORUM CAST '09 AUDITION :) 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
Post SWEENEY TODD FORUM CAST '09 AUDITION :)
Hey all :) SBD has approved of me running a Sweeney Todd Forum Cast '09. In case you are new to mdn, a forum cast is a selected show composed of mdn members that "audition" for fun. People generally make banners and have "bragging rights" to their specific part. Here are the rules and regulations for auditioning.

There are a few new rules for this specific forum cast, as well as some standard oldies stolen from older forum casts:

1.) Like a real life audition, you will not write which part you are going for. That will be decided by the voters. However, I will have a spot in the resume/questions for which role you would ideally like to play. Meaning, all females are on the ballot for all female parts, and all males are on the ballot for all male parts.

2.) A photo is required with your "resume". If you are worried about online privacy, please PM me so we can figure something out. Also, a recording is not required, but it recommended. You may record whatever song you like, with the exception of numbers from Sweeney Todd.

3.)A small "resume" must be completely filled out with your audition to be placed on the ballot.

4.)No gender bending

5.)No advertisement of voting for parts. This is not an election.

6.)There will be understudies for several of the major leads, as well as an ensemble of roughly 5 women and 5 men (could possibly be larger depending on how many people audition). The person who came in second place for a specific role will receive the understudy part as well as an ensemble.

7.)Auditions start now and will go until next Sunday (9/6) Voting will take place for several days after auditions. A new thread or an update will verify the dates for voting

8.)Have fun and good luck! Please audition, the more the merrier! :)

Roles:
Sweeney Todd
Mrs. Lovett
Tobias Ragg
Anthony Hope
Johanna
Judge Turpin
Beggar Woman
Beadle Bamford
Adolfo Pirelli
Jonas Fogg
Ensemble

*Remember, everyone is going to be considered for ALL the parts in their gender. That way we have all the roles filled and no gaps.

Headshot/Recent Photo:
Name or username:
Voice Part (SATB):
Age (optional):
Height/Build (optional):
List previous roles:
Audition song (optional):
Special skills (anything useful for this particular show):
Role(s) you'd like to be considered for:
Any other information you want MdN to know about you as it pertains to your audition:

*Previous roles will not drastically affect the outcome of the votes, it is just to get an idea of what you have done before. Don't hesitate to audition even if you don't find your resume impressive.

Have fun and good luck! I'd like this competition to be as large and as fun as possible, so please audition! :D

Any questions/comments feel free to PM me or aim me at altolullaby89 :)
-Lyss

Ballot:
Males:
Luc
Yakko
Elliot
Andrew (V0CA1)
David
Patch
Tyler
Jman383
Shane
MunkustrapQC

Females:
Someonelikeyou
Lyss
Smalltowningenue
Oli
le_moofin
Brigantine
STRWBRRY
shaka
Nettik
Angel-Of-Music
ilovemusicals
christinadaae

Last edited by idTAPthat89 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:37 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:20 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Overcoming illness
Headshot/Recent Photo: LYSS- Please PM me. I'm not big on posting photos of myself online at this time.

Name or username: Someonelikeyou aka Amanda

Voice Part (SATB): Mezzo-soprano

Age (optional): Between 16-26.

Height/Build (optional): Slender physique with hourglass figure. My height is approx. 5"9.

List previous roles: Emily in A Christmas Carol, the Chorus of Cinderella, the Ensemble of Music Man, and the Younger Sister in Final Dress Rehearsal, which is a one-act play. I will be auditioning for Lady Larken in Mattress this year.

Audition song (optional): My computer microphone is busted, so that's impossible right now. Ugh.

Special skills (anything useful for this particular show): Intermediate experience in some dance styles. Plus amateur percussion and piano, if we're doing the John Doyle Version. :)

Role(s) you'd like to be considered for: Johanna

Any other information you want MdN to know about you as it pertains to your audition: Sweeney Todd is easily in my Top 10 favorite musicals, which is why I've decided to audition after all! I identify as an actress who sings. I have a fair complexion, hazel eyes, and gentle but defined facial features. Although I am brunette, I wouldn't be against dying my hair blonde. Just saying!

Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:04 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

[see avatar]

Name or username:
My name/username, or just any random one? At any rate, I'm Luc... But in case this question was to test spontaneity, I suppose I should post a random name along with a random username, yes? Cletis and actor. There we have it!

Voice Part (SATB):
Tenor

Age (optional): 16

Height/Build (optional):
Scrawny and tall. :)

List previous roles:
Moody Machperson - Anne of Green Gables
Ensemble - Pinocchio
Prince Dauntless - Once Upon a Mattress
Kurt u/s, Ensemble - The Sound of Music
Boy's Voice, Ensemble - HONK!
Robin Hood - The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood
Ensemble - Beauty and the Beast
Charlie Dalrymple - Brigadoon
Ryweth, Cruelie - Narnia
Guard 2 - Aladdin Jr.
Kangaroo - Just So
Joseph - Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Tweedle-Dum - Alice in Wonderland Jr.
Ron Taylor, Institute Man - Bat Boy, the Musical
Wickersham 2, Ensemble - Seussical: The Musical!
Marcellus Washburn - The Music Man Jr.
Mike - Take Five
Professor Fruitenut - OINK! A Pig of a Tale
Grandpa Joe Bucket - Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

I can play piano... not really useful for this show, but I can do it. haha

Role(s) you'd like to be considered for:
Tobias Ragg, Anthony Hope

Any other information you want MdN to know about you as it pertains to your audition:
Toby is an absolute dream role of mine. I have always wanted to be a part of Sweeney Todd, and... most importantly, I'm so skinny that I look like a poor little orphan boy. HELLO TOBY! :D

Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:19 pm

Current Obsession: Too many to list.
Main Role: Fan
Please PM me

Name or username: Yakko

Voice Part: Lyric Baritone

Height/Build (optional):
5'9 a lil overweight

List previous roles:
Ensemble for the following shows:
Beauty and the Beast
No Time for Sargent's
Les Miserables(twice)
You Can't Take it With You
The King and I
Aida
Edward Scissorhands(ballet version)
Leads:
Bun-Foo- Throughly Modern Millie
Mortimer- The Fantasticks
Beadle Bamford- Sweeney Todd

None at the moment.

Role(s) you'd like to be considered for: Sweeney Todd, Anthony Hope, Judge Turpin

Any other information you want MdN to know about you as it pertains to your audition: Well Sweeney Todd is to me one of the truest masterpices of musical theater. Sadly about a year ago, I was involved in one of the worst productions of Sweeney Todd ever made! So being involved in this production will(at least to me) redemption for being in that mess of a production. I also want to be Sweeney Todd because I really do understand his anger and frustration that he had to go though. It also doesn't hurt to say that he is also in my top ten list of roles I want to play before I die.

MDN's Superlative Voting Winner:Most Likely To Make You Laugh

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:10 pm
Profile WWW

Current Obsession: Stephen Sondheim, Falsettos
Not a great picture for a headshot, but it's recent enough. :)
Name or username: Elliott (Disney-Bway27)
Voice Part (SATB): T/B (since I'm only 15, I can bend pretty easily)
Age (optional): 15
Height/Build (optional): Lean build. About 5'8''.
List previous roles: Winthrop Paroo, The Music Man; Jasper, 101 Dalmatians; Alan, this is a test.
Special skills (anything useful for this particular show): Well, if this would be similar to the revival in 2005, I can play two and a half instruments (trombone and piano, and learning the French horn).
Role(s) you'd like to be considered for: Tobias Ragg, Ensemble
Any other information you want MdN to know about you as it pertains to your audition: Basically, while my singing can be decent, my acting is much stronger. I've recently gotten much better at dramatic acting, and I can add layers of complexity to the characters I play (which, albeit, isn't many). I'm relatively thin, which is pretty important for Toby. :) Other than Toby, I'm just aiming for the ensemble.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:47 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

loving what i'm seeing so far :D

Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:12 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Name or username: Lyss

Voice Part: Mezzo Soprano

Height/Build: 5'3, Curvy build

Previous Roles: Babette, BATB; Adelaide, Guys and Dolls; Purity, Anything Goes; Pick-A-Little Lady, Music Man; Grown Wendy/Jukes the Pirate, Peter Pan; Florinda, Into The Woods; Gloria Thorpe, Damn Yankees; Olive, The Odd Couple (Female version)

Special Skills: Instrumental-Flute, picc.

Role(s) you'd like to be considered for: Beggar Woman, Mrs. Lovett, Ensemble

Any other information you want MdN to know as it pertains to your audition: Playing any part in Sweeney Todd is a life goal of mine. Since I am so passionate about this show, it would be a challenge and a delight to "become" any of the female characters and make them my own. My sense of humor and energy would really benefit me, however, I also have a dark, serious side. All crucial aspects for any of the female characters. I am absolutely fascinated by the twisted characters; beggar woman and Lovett.

Last edited by idTAPthat89 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:24 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Name or username: Andrew (V0CA1)

Voice Part (SATB): Tenor/Bartone

Age (optional): 16

Height/Build (optional): 5'10 1/2 Slim

List previous roles: Harold Hill (Music Man)
Les Miserables (Ensamble w/solos)
Les Mizery (Chris on Cruches/ U/S Tom) *Les Mizery is dif. from Les Miserables see below
Midsummer Night's Dream (Demetrius)
Guys and Dolls (Rusty Charlie)
Performed solos in Musical Revue Shows such as Anyone Can Whistle (title song), Camelot (How to Handle A Woman), and Tony's part in West Side Story (The Quintet).
Other solos in talent shows include YAGMCB (My New Philosophy) (The Doctor Is In ).
Unknown Musicals include Princess and the Pea (Nicholaus) and Dig It! (Tut) both Main roles.

Audition song (optional): Not While I'm Around (Sweeney Todd):http://ultrashare.net/hosting/fl/6a23c1d5e7/Not_While_Im_Around_V0CA1_s_Audition

Special skills (anything useful for this particular show): Unless we're doing this show in Avenue Q form with puppets then my skills are limited. I can however play the Violin and a little Viola.

Role(s) you'd like to be considered for: Tobias Ragg Anthony Hope

Any other information you want MdN to know about you as it pertains to your audition: I have performed the opening of Sweeney Todd in the Musical Revue but as an emsable. *Les Mizery was a musical made up of other exsisting musical songs. That year we did Les Miserables Phantom of the Opera Secret Garden. So for the part of Tom he sang (Title Song), (Music of the Night) as well as Enjolras' part in (One Day More). I was going on because the week before the show, the other actor got sick and I vocally stood in for him until he *got better*, which they lowered every song for him. I did however get to sing a smidge of Defying Gravity. I attend the an Arts High School in the Theatre Department. Sweeney Todd for me is one of the best Sonheim shows other than Into the Woods. I was super bummed when my local theatre was doing a production of Sweeney and I wasnt able to audition because I was too young to play Toby. So now I can finally be apart of a Sweeney Cast which has been a dream of mine since I was 12. BTW I have contact lenses if it matters. Thank you all for this oppertunity to audition.

Last edited by V0CA1 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:24 am, edited 12 times in total.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:49 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Big Band Jazz; Acting for the camera; Doctor Who

Name or username: David W. Kincannon II

Voice Part (SATB): Tenor (chest up to a C, falsetto well beyond that)

Age (optional): 32 (can play from late 20s to early 40s)

Height/Build (optional): 5'7" on the heavy side.

List previous roles:
Che - Evita
Neville Craven - The Secret Garden
Giuseppe Zangara - Assassins
Charlie Brown - You're a Good Man Charlie Brown
Dr. John Seward - Dracula
Walter Anderson - Chess
Napthali/Baker - Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Audition song (optional): Finishing the Hat

Special skills (anything useful for this particular show): Multiple British accents, Italian accent

Role(s) you'd like to be considered for: Beadle Bamford, Adolfo Pirelli

Any other information you want MdN to know about you as it pertains to your audition: Sweeney Todd is, as many others have said, one of the true masterpieces of our art form. To be involved with it in any way, no matter how informally, would be a treasure to me.

Founding member - Glee Club of the Damned

"He prefers to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All." - The Doctor

"Amelia Pond...get your coat!" - The Doctor

Last edited by jfmillet on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:38 pm
Profile WWW

Name or username: Maggie (SmallTownIngenue)
Voice Part (SATB): Soprano (G3-E6)
Age (optional): 15-early 20s
Height/Build (optional): 5'5'', curvy but slender
List previous roles:
Cinderella: Into the Woods
Kate: Pirates of Penzance
Fantine: Les Miserables (SE)
Teen chorus/dance captain: Bye Bye Birdie
Every Seventeen Minutes the Crowd Goes Crazy!: Gabby
Our Town: Rebecca Gibbs
Hello Dolly!: featured dance ensemble
Robin Hood: Maid Marian
Cinderella: Ensemble
Peter Pan: Lost Boy
Annie Get Your Gun: Ensemble
Audition song (optional):
Special skills (anything useful for this particular show): I can learn chorus parts fairly easy
Role(s) you'd like to be considered for: Johanna
Any other information you want MdN to know about you as it pertains to your audition: Sweeney Todd is simply a show I would love to be in someday. After recently completing a Sondheim show/role (Cinderella in Into the Woods), I would absolutely love to be in another Sondheim show, even if it's only virtually! :D Johanna is a dream role of mine because I love playing ingenues and giving them (gasp!) some depth and character development. Her songs/range are also fit my voice very well, since I am and always will be, first and foremost, a lyric soprano. :) I also think as ingenues go, Johanna is really interesting because although she is seemingly perfect on the outside, but her family is a mystery to her and her relationship with Judge Turpin is extremely uncomfortable and unsettling. I would love to explore her character deeper. Also, the chorus music in Sweeney is so amazing, I would just love to be in the ensemble!

Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:02 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

David-I realllllly loved your "Finishing the Hat"! Your voice is really soothing to listen to. Very easy on the ears :) Excellent!

Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:51 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I'm on the left, playing Mr Mushnik in Little Shop of Horrors

A photo in costume from Picnic at Hanging Rock. I was playing an ingenue, which doesn't happen very often. Note: my hair isn't naturally curly.

It's not letting me post them as pictures! How do I put them straight into a post?

Name or username: Oli-Ol (Oli)

Voice Part (SATB): Mezzo-soprano but a large enough range to play both alto and soprano parts. I have a very strong alto voice and can belt/mix up to an F above the stave

Age (optional): playing age 15-early 20s

Height/Build (optional): 5'7", slim but not skinny.

List previous roles:
Jade in The Aliens Have Landed and Are Living in a 3-Bedroom Semi next to the Video Shop
Bones the Skeleton in Frankie and Me
Mary in Nativity- the Musical
Buttercup in The Irish Fling (play)
King Agamemnon in Helen Come Home
Eva Garrick in A Laughing Matter (play)
Wicked Witch of the West in The Wizard of Oz (musical pantomime)
Ygraine in Pendragon
Adrienne in Beatrix Potter
Mushnik in Little Shop of Horrors
Mlle Dianne de Poitiers in Picnic at Hanging Rock the Musical
Chorus/Nurse in The Secret Garden
Mrs Johnson in As Good Luck Would Eventually Have It

Audition song (optional): I may post something but I haven't found a suitable song yet.

Special skills (anything useful for this particular show): 12 years dance experience, can play the violin and the viola, sight-sing and sight-read, familiar with treable, tenor, alto and bass clefs. Good at close harmonies.

Role(s) you'd like to be considered for: Mrs Lovett would be my main choice, as I'm auditioning for her for a youth company next year. But as I not look old enough for her I'd probably have to go with the Beggar Woman and Johanna.

Any other information you want MdN to know about you as it pertains to your audition: I'm a strong actor and like exploring interesting characters and looking at all the different ways they could be played.

Ygraine in Pendragon
Mrs O''Lafferty in Ragged Child

Last edited by Oli-Ol on Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next