The Resource For Musicals



Sweeney Todd Forum


Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Sweeney Todd Forum Cast '09?? 
Author Message
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:09 am
Posts: 1790
Location: Syracuse NY
Main Role: Performer
Post 
ilovemusicals! wrote:
can we pm the requirments to you, so the whole world doesn't have to see?


How would the members be able to vote then?

_________________
Regina George.


Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:49 pm
Profile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:29 am
Posts: 1854
Location: New York
Current Obsession: Overcoming illness
Main Role: Performer
Post 
idTAPthat89 wrote:
SomeoneLikeYou wrote:
I just want to precede this post with a statement..."I'm not bitter!"

But although I'd love to partake in this, I'm not sure if I should, because (considering how "often" I get put into Cast a Show threads) I really haven't got much of a shot.

ESPECIALLY when it comes to one of my dream roles, Johanna. We all know who'll be getting that. :wink:

I'll most likely vote, though!


Yikes. I hope you don't have that attitude in the real world at auditions!


No, not at all! That's because I don't know who I'll be competing against for roles, so I figure I've got as good a chance as anyone.

Might I also add that I am brunette, and I'm not going to wig myself so the "yellow hair" lyrics make sense. LOL

_________________
"Ms. Darbus" in Disney's High School Musical, "Margot Frank" in The Diary of Anne Frank, "Princess Number Twelve" in Once Upon a Mattress, ensembles of Cinderella, The Music Man, and Sweeney Todd


Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:50 am
Profile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 1002
Location: Manchester, England, England. Across the Atlantic sea...
Post 
Are people still allowed to post a vid/audio clip if it isn't mandatory? It's just, as I said before, I don't have a very impressive resume, so maybe people should see what someone's voice is like, if they can't judge it from their previous roles? Or maybe that'd give them an unfair advantage?

_________________
MdN''s Janis Ian. Hellz yeah.
Currently - Muchkin #1 - The Wiz
- Mum/various - Blackout


Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:53 am
Profile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:52 pm
Posts: 1043
Main Role: Performer
Post 
Catherine wrote:
Are people still allowed to post a vid/audio clip if it isn't mandatory? It's just, as I said before, I don't have a very impressive resume, so maybe people should see what someone's voice is like, if they can't judge it from their previous roles? Or maybe that'd give them an unfair advantage?


I agree with Catherine. A resume is a good indicator, but if you have the unfortunate luck to live around really crappy theatre venues (like me), then it isn't the best way to show what you can do. I think making video/audio mandatory isn't good, since most people won't want to do that. But for people who really want to, I think it'd be a good idea to let them. :)

And on that note.. I think we should make it a rule that you CAN'T submit a video/audio clip with a song from Sweeney Todd itself, because that would unfairly make voters think of you just because you sang a song.

_________________
Currently: Ensemble, Assassins
Previously: Lucy Brown, The Threepenny Opera; Kim MacAfee, Bye Bye Birdie; Edith, Pirates of Penzance; Penny Sycamore, You Can't Take It With You


Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:15 pm
Profile
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 10:36 am
Posts: 2631
Location: MD
Current Obsession: Paul Gordon's new musical, "Emma"
Post 
le_moofin wrote:
And on that note.. I think we should make it a rule that you CAN'T submit a video/audio clip with a song from Sweeney Todd itself, because that would unfairly make voters think of you just because you sang a song.


I think that's a good idea. Like a 'real' audition- sing another Sondheim song that will showcase your talents, but don't sing from the show. ;)

"resume" format idea:

Name or username:
Role(s) you are auditioning for:
Playing age range:
[Height:] (not sure if you want stuff like height/size or anything)
Voice range:
List previous roles:
Photo(s) of you:
Audition song (optional):
Any other information you want MdN to know about you as it pertains to your audition:

_________________
Image


Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:48 pm
Profile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:09 am
Posts: 1790
Location: Syracuse NY
Main Role: Performer
Post 
Brigantine wrote:
le_moofin wrote:
And on that note.. I think we should make it a rule that you CAN'T submit a video/audio clip with a song from Sweeney Todd itself, because that would unfairly make voters think of you just because you sang a song.


I think that's a good idea. Like a 'real' audition- sing another Sondheim song that will showcase your talents, but don't sing from the show. ;)

"resume" format idea:

Name or username:
Role(s) you are auditioning for:
Playing age range:
[Height:] (not sure if you want stuff like height/size or anything)
Voice range:
List previous roles:
Photo(s) of you:
Audition song (optional):
Any other information you want MdN to know about you as it pertains to your audition:


Thanks Brig! This format will be used so long as you're ok with me stealing the idea ;) Yes, you can post a video/audio recording ONLY if it is not from Sweeney Todd, however it is not required. Photo is required (talk to me if you feel uncomfortable posting one.) I will start the auditions tomorrow through the end of the week. Yay! Again, the more people that audition the better! :D

_________________
Regina George.


Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:10 pm
Profile
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 10:36 am
Posts: 2631
Location: MD
Current Obsession: Paul Gordon's new musical, "Emma"
Post 
Sure! Use whatever you want. :)

_________________
Image


Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:14 pm
Profile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:04 pm
Posts: 1029
Location: Kent, England
Post 
I'm definitely gonna audition. What do you think of "Maria" from WSS as an audition for Anthony?

_________________
Past - Moritz - Spring Awakening, The Beast - Beauty and the Beast, Mr Mushnik - Little Shop of Horrors
Currently - Magic Mirror Man - Snow White (Pantomime)


Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:52 pm
Profile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:09 am
Posts: 1790
Location: Syracuse NY
Main Role: Performer
Post 
wtfchuck wrote:
I'm definitely gonna audition. What do you think of "Maria" from WSS as an audition for Anthony?


Sure! Anything will work but Sondheim is definitely good :)

_________________
Regina George.


Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:14 pm
Posts: 1727
Location: Southern California
Main Role: Fan
Post 
I am moving this topic over to the Sweeney Todd forum where it will be easier to find in the future. It will also stay on the front page for longer.

_________________
Set_Buildin_Dad


Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:25 am
Profile
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:56 pm
Posts: 2745
Location: Lousiana
Current Obsession: Too many to list.
Main Role: Fan
Post 
So do we post our resume here or do we pm you? Sorry if it's a stupid question but I've never been in a forum musical before.

_________________
"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities." J.R.R. Tolkin.


MDN's Superlative Voting Winner:Most Likely To Make You Laugh


Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:09 am
Posts: 1790
Location: Syracuse NY
Main Role: Performer
Post 
Thanks SBD! I'm making the audition thread as we speak :) Good luck all!

_________________
Regina George.


Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:51 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.