The Resource For Musicals

Sunset Boulevard Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
The Set? 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Post The Set?
Does anyone have the photos of the set when the show was in London?

I only saw the UK Tour, which was amazing but had a much simplified set, is this the same set the other tours use?

Did Broadway and any other major locations use the same collosal set as the London production?

Id love this show to tour again!

Mon May 07, 2007 12:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Broadway, Australia, Canada and Germany all had the same sets as London. The first U.S. tour did but touring the sets proved too expensive, so the sets were simplified for subsequent tours although the costumes remained the same. The sets were similar to the one used for the U.K. tour but not identical. It's a shame Sunset played in so few places - I really love this show and wish it would return. There was a rumour of a planned production in the Netherlands but alas this didn't come to fruition. I liked the sets for the U.K. tour but wasn't too keen on the costumes, in particular I think Norma should have kept the turban and gown rather than that ghastly black and red dress for With One Look...

Tue May 08, 2007 2:05 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Post Re: The Set?
TR_Wolf wrote:

Did Broadway and any other major locations use the same collosal set as the London production?

Yes they did. He has this kind of "no changes allowed"-thing, when his show is a hit in London or on Broadway, all subsequent productions must be carbon copies of the original. But, like with London's SUNSET after the changes in L.A., they are known to re-work the original production too.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:43 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

And now the Netherlands tour is confirmed for 2008 with Pia Douwes and Simone Kleinsma alternating the role of Norma..

Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]