WILL SHE
I WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK

Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:25 pm
Profile YIM
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Musicals!
Post Liza as Norma...
Hey, I'd love to see Liza as Norma. But I couldn't say whether this casting would happen though. My gut feeling is that it would be unlikely.

Later days
David

Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:54 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Acting wise, I'd love it. Unfortunately, her voice is shot to sh!t. If she sang it it would be physically painful - for her and us.

"He was jacked up higher than a prom dress in June." Angelo Pike Death to Smoochy

Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:42 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

OK.....Liza MINNELLI just so happends to be my Idol....I am very affended by what you said about her and i think u should GO TO HELL!!!!!!! It just so happends that Liza Minnelli is better than your fat ass!!!!!....I think that u are a Bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP YOUR RUDE OPINONS TO YOUR SELF!!!!!!!!!!

:o !~Broadwayman33~! :o

AND YES AND SHE WOULD BE A GREAT NORMA!!!!!!!!!

for some hum-drum people I suppose.
Well, they can stay and rot!
But not Rooooose!

Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:34 pm

Current Obsession: Musicals!
Post Destination for the stony-hearted...
Broadwayman33 wrote:
i think u should GO TO HELL!!!!!!! It just so happends that Liza Minnelli is better than your fat ass!!!!!....I think that u are a Bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that was unneccessary.

Later days
David

Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:07 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Never in a million years should anyone but Glenn Close play this part on screen.

Tim

Musicals.net forum cast >> Ernst Ludwig in Cabaret

Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:14 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

OK.....Liza MINNELLI just so happends to be my Idol....I am very affended by what you said about her and i think u should GO TO HELL!!!!!!! It just so happends that Liza Minnelli is better than your fat ass!!!!!....I think that u are a Bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP YOUR RUDE OPINONS TO YOUR SELF!!!!!!!!!!

AND YES AND SHE WOULD BE A GREAT NORMA!!!!!!!!!

You can capitalise her surname all you want - the fact of the matter remains that, in the last few years, Ms. Minelli has suffered from severe health problems. I heard her sing live little over a fortnight ago and her voice is in abolsutely no condition to be attemtping Sunset Boulevard. Did you miss the part where I said she would act it fine? I have no problem with casting her on an acting choice - but until she gets healthy, gets off the drink once and for all (if we are to believe David Gest) and gets her voice into its formerly great shape then she should not be allowed anywhere near a musical - film or stage. And, as to the fat ass comment - have you seen her ass lately?

"He was jacked up higher than a prom dress in June." Angelo Pike Death to Smoochy

Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:27 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

"and gets her voice into its formerly great shape then she should not be allowed anywhere near a musical - film or stage."

Well.....Ms. MiNNelli (it is 2 "N").....get it right......has been trying her best to get back into shape.....she is not that young anymore.....she is 56.....I just dont understand it....why does everyone make fun of Liza.....she has been trying to through away all her drinking and using happits.....i just dont understand why everyone makes fun of her.......everytime i watch "Cabaret"....which is like everyday......i am almost brough to tears......she lights up the screen....I also have just recently bought the new "LIZA'S BACK" CD it is amazing......she pulled through......u all better hope that when you are 56 u sound that good.......Liza is a leagend in my mind and a hell of a woman.......

about the quote at the top......who gives u the right Mr. Valentin.... to say that about anyone.......

oh and about her ass....she droped 50 pounds and she is looking alot better.......

But not Rooooose!

Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:26 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

"and gets her voice into its formerly great shape then she should not be allowed anywhere near a musical - film or stage."

Well.....Ms. MiNNelli (it is 2 "N").....get it right......has been trying her best to get back into shape.....she is not that young anymore.....she is 56.....I just dont understand it....why does everyone make fun of Liza.....she has been trying to through away all her drinking and using happits.....i just dont understand why everyone makes fun of her.......everytime i watch "Cabaret"....which is like everyday......i am almost brough to tears......she lights up the screen....I also have just recently bought the new "LIZA'S BACK" CD it is amazing......she pulled through......u all better hope that when you are 56 u sound that good.......Liza is a leagend in my mind and a hell of a woman.......

about the quote at the top......who gives u the right Mr. Valentin.... to say that about anyone.......

oh and about her ass....she droped 50 pounds and she is looking alot better.......

People don't make fun of Liza - they make honest comments. She is out of shape and her voice is, at the moment, awful. I don't say this to make fun of Liza - I adored her in Cabaret! I say this because it's true. She is not in a fit state - physically or vocally - to be making a musical. Cabaret was made 31 years ago and at that time she was magical. She isn't anymore. As to spelling - when you learn to spell legend then I will remember it's Minnelli with 2 Ns. Also, get it right - she is 57, not 56. As to the comment about sounding 'that good' when I'm 56 - I hope to God I sound a little better. Barbara Cook, Julia McKenzie, Bernadette Peters - all of these are women in their 50s or above and all sound a lot better, vocally, than Liza Minnelli.

If you want to make comments on my 'fat ass' - which you've never seen - then we can all make fun of Liza's ass - which we've all seen.

Finally, what gives me the right to make that comment? The same right that allows you to call me a 'bastard' - free speech, my friend. Do you honestly believe she is vocally fit to be in a musical? Truthfully?

Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:04 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I, too, respect Ms. Minnelli. I don't think anyone here said they didn't. Her voice may not be strong enough for a Broadway musical that requires 8 shows a week of belting. However, I think enough has been said and we should stick to the original question here.

I personally think if Liza sounds like on the Liza's Back! CD, she could do it. Yes, it's shot but at least she can sing. She'd be a great Norma, IMO but I doubt she'll ever actually be cast.

Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

But not Rooooose!

Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:27 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Never in a million years should anyone but Glenn Close play this part on screen.

Tim

her or Faith Brown :)

Sammen finnes en vei
Finner du der,
hva lykkens mening egentlig er
Tar et nytt liv til for deg

Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next