The Resource For Musicals

Starlight Express Forum

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
HOT STARLIGHT EXPRESS GOSSIP 2007 CAST 
Post HOT STARLIGHT EXPRESS GOSSIP 2007 CAST
Hey,
Some goss from a reliable source tells me that that the tour 2007 has been cast already! My fav singer like ever is playing my fav part like ever ever cameron neislon from arts ed is playing caboose he also has intrest from sandi thoms managment for when he finishes the show in 2008 so I have heard! check out also some other people doing it are emma stevens in sat night fever a guy from mount view and someone from cats! Cool eh! Whats Peoples fav bits in starlight, i went to see it last week its a great tour and very tight i cant imagine doing it on skates does anyone know if they have to be skaters or they have to learn it? Let me no,

www.myspace.com/camstar24 <<<<<<<<<<let me know whats u think of the music??

Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:17 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

The Starlight Express tour re-cast just recently, apparently in order to secure the best cast before talent is snatched up with other contracts such as cruise ships.

The cast are all taught to skate. In the German production they have about 5 months of training before the cast start, in the UK tour they have one month. No prizes for guessing which production has the better skating!

If you liked the UK tour, consider seeing it in Germany - it's so much bigger, longer, faster, better in every way! The tour is just so small and short. The tour cast are great, but the material they work with is so cut down!

Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
did u check my space out belle, he is playing new caboose he is amazing! let me no

x

Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:25 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

It's a shame Caboose doesn't get to sing either of his two solo songs in the UK tour so we won't hear the voice.

Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
fab voice i think, he gets the trio and a tiny bit of what sounds like theres me, also he is understudy to the lead rusty so thats quite good, i wonder how ill ever find out when he will be on 4 him? any ideas? Also belle i was hopeing u could point me in the direction of setting up a fan site for him, a good web builder page?? let me no thanks loads
x

Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:43 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

It sounds like a daft question, but the German tour is in German, isn't it? :oops:

Aldonza/Dulcinea - Man of La Mancha
Rosemary - How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
Pearl - Starlight Express
Mrs Walker - Tommy
Carrie Pipperidge - Carousel

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:15 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

not a daft question, but a bit of a confused one!

There are currently two professional productions of Starlight.

1) Permanent German production, Bochum, Germany. Performed in German (with the odd word of english thrown in). Vast majority of the casts are english-speaking, so learn the script by rote.

2) UK tour. In English, performed with practically no set, story, or sense! Very very poor relative of the permanent German production.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Went to see the tour in Manchester on 2nd Feb and I was very dissapointed. The cast were not as good as the last time I saw it in 2004 when James Gillan was playing Rusty.
The show was cut down in length, the cast were weak and the way it was staged was not the best, the track down the centre of the stage going out into the audience was missing this time, thus cutting you out of the show a bit. I liked the interaction last time.
This has certainly lowered my love of the show.
The girl who played Pearl was amazing though Gemma Atkins, did not rate anyone else at all.

Only my opinion comparing the two times I've seen it.

Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:49 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Go to Germany!!! Go see the REAL production of the show! That'll inspire your love of the goodness that is Starlight Express. The tour just doesn't cut it! I can't believe the tour itself has gotten even shorter tho? what's been cut now, or do they just rattle through it really fast?

Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:19 am
Profile YIM WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post I saw it too
I went to see starlight express in the liverpool empire. I thought it was good actually. I really liked the races it was a bit restricted but you can't destory a thatre to put tracks in for one show if it is not gong to stay can you. But I thought that Kristofer Harding who played rusty was really good has a very intresting voice. Mind you I never had the chance to see it london so I guess that is why I cant compare the two. It's only my opinon. :)

Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:42 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Starlight Express! (and Cameron Neilson)
Hey all!!! I'm new to this forum, so just thought i'd leave a couple of comments bout the amazing show that is Starlight Express!!! I've only been to see the show once, it was the 2004 UK tour when it was in Edinburgh, thought it was amazing!!! I'm really wanting to go and see the UK tour this year when it comes to Edinburgh again in April, but i've read all your reviews that say its not as good as the 2004 tour!! which is a bit disappointing! Think i will still go and see it though! And to the person who started this thread, Cameron Neilson (who is Caboose in the 2007 tour) is from my hometown!!! He was in our local theatre company, and i went and seen every show they done!! He was also at my school, although he's quite a few years older than me. So do u all think its worthwhile for me to go and see the show again this year? or not? Thanks xxx

Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:32 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Yes, do go - if you loved the first year of the tour, all that's really changed is the smaller set and no small screens now. I've not seen this cast, but I'm sure they're good. The tour is only poor when you compare it to how good Starlight can be when it's done full-size!

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next