The Resource For Musicals

South Pacific Forum

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Reprise of Some Enchanted Evening 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Post Reprise of Some Enchanted Evening
One of the things I've never felt happy about musically is the fact that the scene after Wash That Man is probably too early for Nellie and Emile to reprise Some Enchanted Evening. I feel it's too early to reprise a good song just like that, and I think it probably holds up the action in the minutes before Nellie sings Wonderful Guy.
I'm not objecting to the idea of a reprise of the song, but rather the timing. I'm fine with the reprises of Bali Ha'i because it sets up the Cable-Liat scene with Younger than Springtime. However, I think it might be better that the Act Two finale was done in the same way as the OBC recording. It should begin with Dites-moi, then dissolve into the lead-in to the reprise.
In that case perhaps it might be a better idea to just alter the lyrics of the lead-in, particularly the line "I've known you a few short weeks", which should be changed to "I've known you a few short months". Otherwise, it would be the same, and I think it would reflect Nellie's eternal promise never to leave Emile.

Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]