The Resource For Musicals

South Pacific Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Help, I can't stand Emille!! 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Post Help, I can't stand Emille!!
EDIT: I took off my previous post because it was too long and negative and just me venting...who wants to read that, right?

Anyway, to sum it up, if anyone else wants to post anything...

I'm Nellie and our Emille is horrible. (Yes, he creeps me out, and I can and will get over that.) But what I cannot get over is the fact that this guy can't act at all he can't sing very well and his character is supposed to carry practically the whole show.

Yes, of course I will do my best. I will do even better than my best just to try and distract the audience from Emille.

But how can you have a good production of South Pacific when your Emille sucks? Well, the thing is...you can't. If your Emille sucks, the show sucks. Or at least that is the way I am feeling right now.

Last edited by sunrae on Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:12 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

As my one college prof always said: "That's why they call it acting"
Just remember that the director is the one in charge, not you. No matter how creapy you find this guy, no matter how much you'd rather have the understudy in, your director has the ultimate power. And how would it look for her to go to that actor and say..."Sorry buddy, but Nellie finds you creapy and we are still a month out and you don't know your lines, so you're canned".
My advice is to be as prepared as you can. Know your scenes so well that if he does drop a line it won't throw you off.
Imagine he is your heart's desire, and put all you have into those scences.
Be patient and as kind as you can.
Do your part as best as you can no matter who you are acting off of. If this is his first show he is probably scared stiff and feels all your negative vibes as well. Try to give the guy a chance. Help him and try to make him feel more at ease.

Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:28 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I'm sure glad to see that your post was made a year and a half ago... (yes, I'm resurrecting an old thread... sorry!)
Since I'm Emille in our production... I'd hate to have someone post that about me...
I'm thrilled about the girl playing Nellie with me... she's cute and won the local talent show a couple years ago with her singing... I'm a lucky guy!

Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]