South Pacific Forum

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Liat 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: In the Heights,Aaron Tveit, I Love You Because
Main Role: Performer
Post Liat
Can anyone tell me how big Liat's part is and if she has any singing..I have a choice between South Pacific and Beauty and the Beast! I can most likely get a bigger part in Beauty and the Beat but my age is suitied to Liat so I was wondering the part size..and also if the nurse's/ native girls have a lot of singing & dancing..I'm not sure about doing South Pacific though..because there hours are grueling..but it might be worht it if Liat is a big enough part or if the other female ensemble have a lot to do. *I'm too young for Nellie..otherwise I would totally go for that :D *

Previous: Into The Woods -Cinderella, West Side Story- Rosalia, My Fair Lady - u/s Eliza, Cats -Demeter, FAME!-Serena, Fiddler...- Hodel, A Chorus Line - Lois, Guys and Dolls - Adelaide, No, No Nanette

Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: Liat
Liat's part is pretty small; she has lots of stagetime but not many lines. And I'm not sure, but I don't think she sings at all. Unless you especially love South Pacific, I'd say go with BatB (I would, lol, but that could just be me). :D

:mrgreen:

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:24 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

OMG! Go for B&TB by far. ^ Agree with norayouadora, Liat is such a small part - I got it into my head I wanted it, but all she does is mime and she has no lines. And no singing. B&TB in comparison, would be so much fun - if in England as I keep saying on these forums, we had the rights it would be my dream come true. :evil: Please I'm begging you - choose B&TB, South Pacific, as I am currently in, evolves around the men, even if you don't get Liat, there is not very much for the females to do. Good luck in making your decision - it must be so tough :mrgreen:

Although if I had to list the members of this forum whose sense of self-worth seems alarmingly dependent upon the constant sycophantic support of internet-based friends, I`d certainly run out of fingers. - Mumsytype

Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:50 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Oh, I didn't realize she had no lines at all. Well I guess zero counts as "not many." Lol. But at least I kind of remembered it correctly... I haven't seen the show in a while. But I probably would have suggested BatB no matter what, because I love the show so much more than South Pacific. Hehe. D

:mrgreen:

Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: In the Heights,Aaron Tveit, I Love You Because
Main Role: Performer
Thanks guys..yeah..I'm going with BatB!! Wish me luck..auditions are at the end of the month! :D

Previous: Into The Woods -Cinderella, West Side Story- Rosalia, My Fair Lady - u/s Eliza, Cats -Demeter, FAME!-Serena, Fiddler...- Hodel, A Chorus Line - Lois, Guys and Dolls - Adelaide, No, No Nanette

Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:01 am
Profile YIM WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Wicked! Good luck and update us. :mrgreen:

Although if I had to list the members of this forum whose sense of self-worth seems alarmingly dependent upon the constant sycophantic support of internet-based friends, I`d certainly run out of fingers. - Mumsytype

Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:39 am
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: Knitting, tea, and Shakespeare, ideally at once.
I know this is pretty pointless now, but I kind of feel like putting in my two cents. When my school did SP a couple years ago, our Liat had a lovely voice. Consequently, they had her sing "Bali Hai" in French. Kind of nice. Not much happening on-stage, but it let her sing.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]