The Resource For Musicals

The Sound of Music Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Friedrich or Rolf? HELP!!! 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Friedrich or Rolf? HELP!!!
Hello. I am thinking of auditioning for a local production of TSOM and am 13. I can sing between A2 and G5 on any day without falsetto, and am 5'4-5". I weigh 114-115 lb, and consider myself a tenor/boy soprano hybrid. My falsetto can go up to Eb6 occasionally and I can occasionally reach bottom F#. I can connect my baritonal and soprano registers efficiently. I feel most comfortable singing tenor, and have kept using my treble voice into puberty along with baritone. I really don't know, I'm probably a little short for Rolf but the B3 in my upper voice is rather weak, and any note below middle C I typically use my chest voice or the voice that sounds like a typical pubescent child who sings baritone, so during MFT and SLF I'll sing there, and the SOM reprise goes down to Ab. Problem is, I either sound like a man or sound breathy when I sing down there, nothing like the quote-on-quote 14 year old that Friedrich Is who really is more like 12... HHHHHEEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:03 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Jane Eyre
Main Role: Performer
Post Re: Friedrich or Rolf? HELP!!!
Is this a production for all ages? Because if so, you are probably too young to play Rolf.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:51 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: Friedrich or Rolf? HELP!!!
mccl87 wrote:
Is this a production for all ages? Because if so, you are probably too young to play Rolf.

It is...

Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]