The Resource For Musicals

The Sound of Music Forum

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
The Sound of Music 2009 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Keep us updated on your production!!! :-)

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:44 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Bare, Next to Normal
Keep us updated on your production!!! :-)

Thank you degrassifan for your interest in our production of The Sound of Music! I'll continue to update this thread.

Right now it just seems like I'm not a part of the show as nothing is going on with my character, Franz. The Vocal Director has started rehersals for the music side of the production but the director has done nothing else so far since the full cast meeting two weeks ago. We don't have even a schedule of rehersals yet. He asked for our bios for the program and those are due on October 1st. I e-mailed him mine a couple days after our full cast rehersal.
I started the Props List. I didn't realize until after I read through the whole script that The Sound of Music script actually has a Props List in it for each of the scenes! I don't view my time reading the whole script wasted though as I'm just getting more used to the show.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:56 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Any updates dude? Have you guys performed yet?

:-)

Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:59 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Bare, Next to Normal
This week is our Tech Week and we will be performing November 20-22, 2009. I play Franz, the butler and the Priest that marries Maria and Captain Von Trapp. The Director has cut some scenes and the whole number of "Nothing's Going To Stop It", which is my favorite song of the musical. Everything is going well. It's crazy because I'm an actor, Props Master, and Running Crew for the show. I was at school today for 14 hours straight! It's been a good experience. I miss last years performance of Singin' in the Rain because we actually had our most talented people in the show. Since the musical was moved to the fall, many of the good actors/actresses couldn't do the musical; so our production could be better but it's good for who's been cast. It's been good times but I'll be glad when it's over.
After The Sound of Music, I have an audition on December 5th for Big River at a community theatre. I've never worked with them before so it'll be an interesting experience.
I'll keep you posted.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:13 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Aside from "No Way To Stop It," what other scenes/songs were cut?

Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2