The Resource For Musicals

The Sound of Music Forum

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
what is the stage show like 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post what is the stage show like
hay i have seen the film like millions of times and I have palyed matrter in a proudction of it lol but i was wondering what peoples opions where on the new stage show

Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:42 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I went to see it a few weeks ago (if you mean the new one in London) and it's really good! I was absorbed all the way through. They added really comic moments and things (like maria stuffing her face with cake so she cant talk to the baroness when she meets her) but it was also really really emotional at times, e.g they strung out the reprise of the sound of music (when they realise that their dad loves them) so each of the children hugged him individually, and they had real tears! very impressive. And when they perform at the festival they managed to make our audience into the one at the festival by surrounding us with nazi flags and pointing guns at us. It was brilliant, i'd recommend it to anyone!

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:14 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

^ wow lucky you. The last production I saw was the most boring thing ever. For "So Long, Farewell" the kids just stood on the steps singing. No choreography at all, just standing there staring at the people 8O my brother, my friend, and I were cracking up during the whole thing. I did see a good production of it a couple years ago, and it was good, just still a little...long. I like just watching the movie best because I can fast-forward through "Climb Every Mountain" which IMHO is one of the most boring, dull, and drawn out songs ever.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:36 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

[quote="The Drama QueenI like just watching the movie best because I can fast-forward through "Climb Every Mountain" which IMHO is one of the most boring, dull, and drawn out songs ever.[/quote]

You depress me.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:27 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Well, when I did it we did the Broadway version and there are added songs to it I think they are "No way to stop it" and "An Ordinary Couple," (can't remember if they are in the movie). The stage show is different in which in the bedroom they sing "Lonely Goatherd," instead of "My Favorite Things" (remember, your's may be different, this is the Broadway version I'm talking about, if that's what your doing). The nun ensemble singing may be different to, not sure. I haven't watched the movie in awhile either. Not sure how they do it in London, though.

Current Role:
Nothing at the momento

Dream Roles:
The Phantom- The Phantom of the Opera
Lumiere- Beauty and the Beast
Scar- The Lion King
Joseph- Joseph and the.......... Dreamcoat

Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:12 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

The nun ensemble singing may be different to, not sure. I haven't watched the movie in awhile either. Not sure how they do it in London, though.

Maria and the Mother Abbess sang "My Favorite Things" before Maria left for the Von Trapp house.

Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:32 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

That was it. I just couldn't remember. It's been like 3 years. lol.

Current Role:
Nothing at the momento

Dream Roles:
The Phantom- The Phantom of the Opera
Lumiere- Beauty and the Beast
Scar- The Lion King
Joseph- Joseph and the.......... Dreamcoat

Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:39 am

Main Role: Performer
No Way to sTOP IT, hOW CAN LOVE sURVIVE AND aN oRDINARY cOUPLE WERED 'ADDED' TO THE STAGE SHOW. THEY WERE NOT FILMED FOR THE MOVIE. THE PLAY CAME FIRST. UNFORTUNATELY IN MAKING THE FILM TEY CUT THE TWO BEST SONGS. TH STAGE SHOW ISNT GOOD BUT THE FILM IS MUCH WORSE.

(damned caps lock)

Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:39 am
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

"Something Good" and "I Have Confidence In Me" were written especially for the movie.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]