The Resource For Musicals

The Sound of Music Forum

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
London Revival 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Post London Revival
Has anyone seen the recent revival of the Sound of Music revival? What were you're thoughts about it?

I heard they changed some parts, like putting the Lonely Goatheard in the Garden. How did these changes work?

And is Connie a good Maria?

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:34 pm

Not been yet but my Mum went just recently, she said it was good but she flet Connie was too 'Julie Andrews'. I pesonally think it's hard not to be Julie, you can sing Doe a Deer with a guitar in hand and, hey presto, you're her to anyone but the truly experienced critic.

Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:45 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Not been yet but my Mum went just recently, she said it was good but she flet Connie was too 'Julie Andrews'. I pesonally think it's hard not to be Julie, you can sing Doe a Deer with a guitar in hand and, hey presto, you're her to anyone but the truly experienced critic.

No one could ever be like Julie...and did she really play the guitar, or just pretend to, with the orchestra "ghosting" for her?

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:37 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

did she really play the guitar, or just pretend to, with the orchestra "ghosting" for her?

Since that was in the movie, definately ghosting. And I would be very surprised if she recorded the guitar track herself.

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:29 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I saw it a few months ago. It's a show that is naturally enjoyable and there was no way that this production could have been bad with the West End cast and the same songs. I thought that the shuffling around of the songs compared to the movie worked well (of course this was how it was usually done) and the songs that weren't included in the movie were great. Connie though, was good enough I suppose, but like you said Aimee, having only seen the film before that, I felt that Connie brought nothing new to the role whatsoever. She's easy enough to watch as it felt similar to the movie but she doesn't seem to have her own portrayal of the character, which was a shame. However the children were excellent! :D They obviously all knew the film back to front before they even began rehearsing :lol: .

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]