The Resource For Musicals

The Sound of Music Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Ahh the memories!!! 
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Post Ahh the memories!!!
I finally got my copy of our schools production of the Sound of Music on DVD and I sat my butt on my couch afterschool and watched it start to finish for the first time! I loved our show so very, very much! Watching the movie triggered all the good ol'memories and I thought I'd share some. Although to date, we don't have any pictures available from the actual performances...this website has a crapload of pictures from the green room, and stuff so I thought I'd show ya.

They can be found here:

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/soundofmusic/musical2005/

Thanks and ttfn!

Currently:
    Audition: Johanna in Sweeney Todd, Gypsy

Favourites:
    Patty Simcox- Grease
    Elsa Schraeder- The Sound of Music
    Maria- Twelfth Night

Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:40 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Those pictures are amazing! It looks like you had a very tight cast, and that's what always makes a show great. Sound of Music is the one show I desperately want to work, and I wish my school would do it this year. Oh well. Looks like you had an amazing time one it.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Yes, I really love how that comes across just in the pictures :) We truly were such a tight cast (which made for a GREAT cast party let me tell you LOL) Anyway, yeah every cast in all of the plays (there are productions a year at my school...a fall musical, a drama festival of six one-act plays, and a spring play which I am current SM'ing) are always sooooo tight...I think its one of the benefits of attending an Arts Secondary School...everyone loves what they are doing and support comes from everyone and yes...tight casts!

Sound of Music was amazing and I really hope you're school gets the chance to do it...cheesy script, but still an really amazing show to be part of...especially since the audience all know the songs and they react amazingly well to the show!

Currently:
    Audition: Johanna in Sweeney Todd, Gypsy

Favourites:
    Patty Simcox- Grease
    Elsa Schraeder- The Sound of Music
    Maria- Twelfth Night

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:51 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

i was in sound of music when i was like 9, i was marta. i remember having a reely strong bond with my family almost as if they were my family. we had so much fun.whenever i watch our dvd i gett all sad cuz i had sooo much fun!!!best show ive ever done,even if i was 9!

Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]