Captain Von Trapp 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Leisel 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Mother Abbess 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 14

Audition - please help! 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Audition - please help!
We're doing a high school production of the Sound of Music and I don't know what to audition for, although I have some ideas. It's a girls' selective grammar school, so I can audition for boys' roles too. The auditions are around the 13th July.

I am 15 and can look older when not in school uniform (lol); I am a semi-operatic singer with a mezzo-soprano/soprano range. My comfortable range at the moment is a bottom G to a top B flat. I am of medium height but not particularly thin, blonde or graceful-looking. I am interested in the roles of Captain Von Trapp, Maria, Mother Abbess and perhaps Leisl, and I'd quite like a large role with lots of singing, although my singing is better than my acting. What should I do? Would I have a chance of getting any of these roles?

Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:08 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:28 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Since you said that you're a better singer than actress, I think you should go for Mother Abbess, since Maria really does need to be a strong actress. I'm not sure what Mother Abbess' top note is, but don't think it's any higher than a top B flat. Break a leg!

Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

It sounds like you already know your type. You know what you are right for, so why feel the need to poll people who don't know you or know what you look/sound/act like? I'm simply pointing out that you seem to be in control of who you are, which is a powerful tool for every actor...Just to know your type. Congrats on that! If you are still not sure of your type and if you really want the best take on your type, ask close friends of yours because they know you best...but, like I said, it seems like you know who you are.

Everyone in that show needs to be a strong actor because the book is really not written well...So that makes you have to act that much more! Mother Abbess has to be a great actress...As I'm guessing that's the role you would be the best for (based on your detailed description), since I don't know you from Adam...And she goes no higher than an A...

In the future, can we PLEEEEEASE revive an older audition thread instead of feeling the need to post separate ones every time an audition comes up? They are really starting to clutter this forum...

I'm always happy to help, but it gets really hard to help people when you have to sift through all the separate audition threads. Thank you!

PS...Mods...I know it's been suggested before, but can we sticky an "Auditions" thread to the top of this SOM Forum?

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:31 am

PS...Mods...I know it's been suggested before, but can we sticky an "Auditions" thread to the top of this SOM Forum?

And what should it look like?

Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:37 pm

jazzygirlsings wrote:

And what should it look like?

I would say, something to the effect of "AUDITION HELP!" or "HELP! AUDITIONS COMING UP!"

But seriously, it would be a great place for everyone to reference the same advice we seem to give to everyone who's auditioning...and also would help to have all the information for audition help in one thread...almost like an encyclopedia of auditioning advice...

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:04 am

Online Proxy Checker, proxy checker, proxies checker, check proxies list, online checking proxy, check free proxies, check free proxylist, proxi checker, proxy checking, proxies list cheker, socks proxy checker, check socks proxies, socks 5 proxy checker, socks 4 proxy checker, HTTP proxy checker, socks proxy check, online check socks proxies, check list of proxies: http://www.checkproxy.net

I thought that I was gonna have to bring out my can of whoop-a$$, but apparently, this person's message indicates a complete mental breakdown! LOL!

Way to revive an old thread...what the heck's going on here?! :?:

Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:10 am

Not much, just a way to hide your ip address, which usally cuts down on the speed at which a page loads.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:24 pm

Not much, just a way to hide your ip address, which usally cuts down on the speed at which a page loads.

Is that what this annoying person is trying to do? UGHO!

I'm not usually like this, but..."Anabel"

GET OUT OF OUR FORUM! IF IT'S NOT RELATED TO THE TOPIC AND YOU'RE TRYING TO SELL YOUR USELESS CRAP- GET OUT OF HERE! :evil:

Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:30 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Why would you have girls play guy roles? That would just be weird.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I think she said it was a girls school, meaning there are no boys. Which raises the question of how scenes like "16 Going on 17" are going to work. Could get interesting.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:07 pm
Profile WWW

Dude, this thread is old...It was only revived after someone came in to make a mess of it by putting stuff about proxy somethin-or-other all over it!

PLEASE! LET IT DIE! LOL! :wink:

Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next