Ballroom in Anything Goes; life 

My favorite kind of ballroom dance is:
Waltz 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 2

Ballroom in Anything Goes; life 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Ballroom in Anything Goes; life
This one's for folks who know a bit about ballroom dance and music to dance it too. Would you consider the '87 "Delovely" dance break more a rumba or a cha-cha (or possibly another)? Also, in the '30s for these types of folks what types of swing would have been the most popular (Lindy/East Coast, Jive, etc.)? Or would the type of people to be riding this boat more likely be doing Quickstep to faster swing? For that matter, where else would ballroom fit, and what kinds?

If anyone understood a word of what I just said, please give me some input. I'm planning to mount a production of this someday soon, and would like to apply my ballroom knowledge to the dancing, instead of generic couple dances (of course there'll be lots of tap too!).

Besides people with info for me, also respond to this post if you have any interest in ballroom in general. It's a wonderful form of dance that's equally applicable for a performer and anyone who likes to dance in general. Lots of people do it, and gatherings can be found just about anywhere. What kinds do you know, or want to learn?

All-Star Musical Character >> Bobby Child from "Crazy for You"

John Hinckley / "If I Could've Been" Soloist / Archibald Craven

Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]