The Resource For Musicals

Anything Goes Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Bonnie Audition 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
Post Bonnie Audition
hi.. i posted this is audition help as well so..
:) thanks for any help

you see im auditioning for anything goes, and im auditioning for the part of bonnie, but im having a bit of a tough time understanding her and really GETTING into her.. (60s version btw) on the sheet at school it said bonnie was supposed to be clumsy silly and funny.. ive read alot of various websites about her but im guessing you lot would be the best.. as it is what you guys are great at!

also, in the audition piece we have to act .. its abit where bonnie is all desperate coz shes telling moonie to be careful because the police are looking for them both on the boat..

how should bonnie be.. desperate, whiny, scared, complaining, giggly-scared.. im just really lost..

so what is bonnie like.. why is she the way she is.. and what exactly is she.. is she just the comic relief .. and how so?

any details would be spiffing awesome

thanks!

Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:19 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

The Bonnie in my current production is playing her confident, a little bubbly, and a little stupid. She lives in the moment. Snake Eyes Johnson, Public Enemy #1, is basically her sugar daddy. Oh, and she dreams of becoming a professional showgirl in the future. And of course, she is basically interested in every male in the show.

As to why she is the way she is, that is really up to the actor - i.e. you.

Past Roles:
Smee - Peter Pan
Moonface Martin - Anything Goes
Harold Hill - The Music Man
Mayor of Whoville - Seussical

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:51 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Current Obsession: Les Mis, Alfie Boe
We just finished this show about a month ago...my impression of our Bonnie (60's version) was that she was actually kind of the smarter one in the Bonnie/Moon relationship/friendship. He's not very sharp and she kind of keeps him in line. She's his accomplist..and if it wasn't for her I don't think he would have made it out of a lot of the predicaments in the show. She can act a little ditzy/stupid at times, but really she pretty much has things under control. Our Bonnie also had a touch of cutsie-ness to her, but I wouldn't make her TOO annoying. I think she is the kind of character that is full of energy, fun, is funny, and the audience just loves. As for why she is the way she is...like someone mentioned before I think she lives in the moment and there is never a dull moment with her. "Let's Step Out" really shows that. She just wants to have fun. There is also a part in the show where she asks Reno about auditioning for one of her "angels" which shows that she has some aspirations of being a showgirl as well. That's my take, hope it helps.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]