The Resource For Musicals

Anything Goes Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
best part for me? 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post best part for me?
nevermnid wht

Last edited by pinkpolish9 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:10 am
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Does your voice teacher think you'd be great as only Hope? How does she feel about you as Bonnie?
Do you think you'd put more into the show as Bonnie than you would as Hope because you're more passionate about Bonnie's character?
Is it possible that you could audition for Bonnie but get called back for Hope (since you seem more physically suited for her)?

Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:07 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

I don't know if you auditioned yet, but the best advice I could give you is research everything, practice everything, think about all of the parts in the show, because you might think you can only do Hope or Bonnie/Erma, but your director might think differently. I know because I just auditioned for the same show, I really wanted to be Billy at first because it requires a lot of vocal chops, but I wasn't sure about the other roles. Then our director, before the auditions said something very important to us, that sometimes it's not just the talent, but the look that they need, and other things, so you really got to keep your mind open for anything. And that's what I did, so when auditions came, I tried my hardest with everything, and in the end I got Evelyn, an awesome principal role! So basically the moral is, be prepared for anything and give your all into every part that they have you read for, because you might find out that you are fit for something else, and even if you end up getting the part that you saw fit for you, it doesn't hurt to try extremely hard for everything anyway, because that shows that you are a dedicated actor and you will work hard in any role, which will make your director more eager to cast you over someone else. and lastly BREAK A LEG!!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:24 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]