whats a good part to audition for?
and what song?

Im 16. Im a soprano. Brown hair brown eyes. etc. lol

thanksss =]

Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:28 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Sorry, this turned out to be short novel:

Well, if you guys have done a lot of musicals that have a very serious, deep, meaniful value that comes from it: Anything Goes isnt one of those musicals. Thats the fun of it though. The show takes place on a cruise ship. Reno Sweeney, the famous nightclub singer boards the ship. Also boarding the ship are Hope Harcourt, an american debutant, her fiance, English Lord Evelyn Oakley, her mother, Evangeline Harcourt(and her dog cheeky), and the drunken Yale Man, Elisha Whitney. Now, Hope, although engaged, is the item of a man named Billy Crocker's affection. Crocker is a stock broker for Elisha Whitney, and sneaks on board the ship when he finds out that Hope is riding, determined to break her engagement and win Hope's love. Also sneaking aboard are the gangster Public Enemy number 13, also called Moonface Martin, and his partner in crime, the vampy Erma. Public Enemy number one, also called Snake Eyes Johnson, was supposed to be with them, but he never actually showed up. Well, Billy has to work hard to keep under cover, as do Moon and Erma. Soon, Billy finds out the true identities of Moon and Erma. In exchange, they help disguise him as a bunch of crazy characters, and Moon, Erma, and Reno, each in their own, somewhat entertaining ways, help to break the marraige, keep Evangeline from figuring out Billy's identity, and bring Hope and Billy together. While this is all happening though, Reno, Evelyn, Erma, Moon, Elisha, and Evangeline all end up in a few, extremely interesting, "couple" situations. It is a hilarious musical with AWESOME music!

Here are some options for female roles in the musical:

Singing Roles and voice parts:

Reno Sweeney: sexy evangelist-esque, but not really, nightclub singer. As she says she "saves sinners twice a day in the ships nightclub." She's fun, gets AWESOME songs, and she has two of the coolest dance numbers ever. She's a really genuine character, and a favorite role of most girls who play her. Alto, but she goes fairly high, and theres a lot of belting. Some songs are "I get a kick out of you" "Anything Goes" and "Blow, Gabriel, Blow"

Hope Harcourt: The beautiful debutant. Can come across as shy to people who overlook the awesomeness of her character, but that is NOT the case. After all, she and billy DID spend some quality time in a taxi cab for FIVE HOURS. :lol: She always seems to run into Billy when he's dressed as teh strangest things, and it makes for a few HILARIOUS scenes. Its a really, really, good character. Her songs are really pretty, and you get to wear a WEDDING DRESS on stage!!! Shes a soprano, and her highest note is an F, I believe. Her songs are "Delovely" "Goodbye, Little Dream, Goodbye" and "All Through the Night"

Erma: The vampy gun moll. She sneaks on the ship with moon, but spends most of her time on the ship getting to know the sailors quite well. This actress has to be comfortable and ok with her body(I had to come on stage in underwear, put a dress on in the middle of a scene, then take it off again and put just a sailor shirt over it in the next scene), but its a really fun role. I had a lot of fun with it. Shes a mezzo, and sings to an E flat, I think. Her Song, Buddy Beware, is belt intensive.

A few awesome Non Singing Roles:

Evangeline Harcourt: HILARIOUS role. She's Hopes eccentric mother, and spends the whole show avoiding Elisha Whitney, until she finds out that he's her ticket to wealth. She has a dog, so you might get to spend some stage time with a real one(!), if your theatre allows it. She has hilarious lines, and is overall one of the funniest characters in the play.

The Angels!!!:

These girls are AWESOME! They're Reno's nightclub dancers, and they help give Reno's dances that much more OOMPH. They get to wear awesome costumes(I've yet to see a production where the Angels got jipped), and they spend the whole show laughing, dancing, and having fun. Angel # 4 ends out marrying Moon. The only have a few lines, but have a lot of potential to "steal the show", as do all of the characters. Tap dancing may be required of these girls at your school.

OK, now that THATS done, hope it isnt too long!

Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Legally Blonde
and i was right
we are doing it!!!

=DDDD

Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]