The Resource For Musicals

Anything Goes Forum

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Favorite Part/ Line/ Song 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

^ Gypsy in Me is one of my FAVORITE pieces. I knew quite a bit about Anything Goes before being in it...but surprisingly had never heard Gyspy in Me!! It was one of my absolute favorite numbers.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:55 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
Gypsy in Me was originally Hope's song in the 1934 version. it was given to Lord Evelyn in the '87 revival.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

That's very interesting, though...

*trying to picture it*

hahah

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:47 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Well, my favorite part in the script is probably the "hot pants" scene. (By the way, this is all referring to the '62 version, that's the only one i'm really familiar with)

But my favorite part of my production was that we included a little terrier puppy in the cast. We had Mrs. Harcourt carry the dog around for the entire show. And in the part where I (Billy) had to make a beard, we had me take the beard from the dog's fur instead of a fur coat. It got the biggest laughs of the whole show.

Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:08 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Well, my favorite part in the script is probably the "hot pants" scene. (By the way, this is all referring to the '62 version, that's the only one i'm really familiar with)

But my favorite part of my production was that we included a little terrier puppy in the cast. We had Mrs. Harcourt carry the dog around for the entire show. And in the part where I (Billy) had to make a beard, we had me take the beard from the dog's fur instead of a fur coat. It got the biggest laughs of the whole show.

Yeah, our Mrs. Harcourt carries around the Stage Managers papillion throughout the show. Only we use a fake when Moon has to shove it down his pants....

Oh jeez being on here keeps reminding me that we open next week!!!! Ahh I'm getting so nervous. Let the tech rehersals begin!

Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

it was my line "hey what's going on here, this isn't a lynching is it?" and of course since i was one of the three black people in the cast we couldn't keep it. But our director didn't notice until maybe a week before...

Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:57 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

My favorite line was definatley the 'Hot Pants' line. Although, the Chinchillian line did get alot of laughs, especially when someone said "Oh yeah! I studied Chinchillians in school!"

Haha.

Favorite song would be Friendship. We'd have the whole ensamble backstage dancing along (quietly) as the trio was on stage performing it.

Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:46 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

My favorite parts (besides my own- the camera woman scene and the girl solo in "No Cure Like Travel") were:

The Hot Pants scene
"Be Like the Bluebird" (our Moon was tone deaf, and it made it completely hysterical)
The Chinchillian scene
"Blow, Gabriel, Blow" (I was one of the featured dancers and ended up getting really into it)
"Let's Misbehave" (The entire cast would be "sexy" dancing to this backstage. Our Evelyn, like our Moon, was very tone deaf, and our Reno was... amazing. The contrast made it so funny)

Oh, who am I kidding? I loved the whole thing.

Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2