The Resource For Musicals

Anything Goes Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Hope's Dances? 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Hope's Dances?
Hi everyone!:D I just got Hope in my School's production of (1987 version) "Anything Goes" I was wondering if she dances any or at all. I tap pretty well (did it for the audtion), and take Ballet and Jazz. Can anyone help me out?

Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:48 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
I played Hope before..she only dances in "Its DeLovely" and depending on which version of the show you do..the dance sequence is different.

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:35 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

She really doesn't dance much. If anything, the angles chorus dance mroe than she does. She, in my opinion, is much more of a singing character. When we did the play last year, Hope only danced in Delovely, and it was more of a kinda ball room dance than anything. In fact, the girl who played Hope had never danced before to begin with. But i think it had to do with what the director wants. She will be in part of the big Anything Goes number, but shes not the in the big Gabriel song. (in the version we did). But congradulations and best of luck with the show. its a really fun production to do no matter what part you have.

"When u buy a cabin ticket for an ocean passage, they give u the liberty of the whole ship. Man shouldn't stay the whole voyage just in 1 place, below deck, no matter how dry and cosy it is." The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail

Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:59 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]