The Resource For Musicals

Anything Goes Forum

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Help please? 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post Help please?
Hello everyone!

I just been informed that our highschool is most likely doing ANYTHING GOES I know NOTHING about this show, I just downloaded some music. I was wondering who to audition for, and can someone give me a character run-down? I am 15 years old (a sophmore), last year I was in DAMN YANKEES (as a freshmen), as a lead, GLORIA THORPE. I also played Tzeitel in Fiddler, Annie in Annie, Babe in Working, and various other shows. I am about 5'7 and have a mezzo-soprano belt, but also can sing really strong soprano. I have long blonde hair, if you need anymore information don't hesitate to ask. Thanks, Monica

Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:59 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Would yo uconsider yourself an ingenue or a character? Based on what you've said, I see you as Bonnie or Hope. Do you dance? And find a song from another Cole Porter show, or look at musicals from the time period. I sang "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" and got Mrs. Harcourt.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:18 pm
Profile YIM
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

thanks! And Yes, I danced for about 5 years and then stopped, and I just started again in the fall.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:38 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post to monica
what are your dancing abilities? If you are a good dancer (including tap) go w/ bonnie....she is a character w/ tapping and dancing ability and a good belt. Hope needs to be able to dance, but not as well as bonnie. hope is more of a ballad singer. Reno needs to be able to move. it is best if she can dance well and reno must have a belt. her songs are huge! mrs. harcourt is a character role, she is stuck up and dramatic. in most of the versions she does not have any songs. angels must dance normally tap. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope this helps!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:06 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Thanks so much, Yeah -- I was thinking about going for Reno -- what is her range? :) thanks

Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:49 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

hi take it for your name that you got Hope! Well done! I'm going to be auditioning for Hope soon I think, You will have to give me lots of tips hehe!!!!

Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]