The Resource For Musicals

The Secret Garden Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Rose... 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Rose...
Dear Musicals.Net Posters,

Is Rose usually portrayed as a totally air-headed, self-absorbed, slightly cruel woman, or is she portrayed as a foolish, sweet lady who simply didn't bother to raise Mary?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
8)

I want someone who's the deviant version of Fred MacMurray, David Tomlinson & William Schallert....but who has the looks of guys like Dan Haggerty, Kris Kristofferson & Tom Selleck.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:07 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I always felt she was one of the people who have a kid because they like the idea, but don't like having one enough to give up thier life of parties and pretty things.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:23 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

The main thing about Rose that stood out in the production I saw was the fact that she was very disaproving of Lily's relationship with Archibald. I think that Rose and Lily are one of those cases where they were raised in the same house, by the same parents, by the same rules and ideals. Yet somehow they ended up different, Rose with her hardheadedness and way of being too judgemental for her own good, and Lily with her kind heart and strong self-will. If Lily wants something, she's going to do everything in her power to get it, and God help anyone who stands in her way.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]