The Resource For Musicals

The Secret Garden Forum

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
The Secret Garden Forum Cast 2008 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post The Secret Garden Forum Cast 2008
Aimee has graciously allowed me to direct the forum cast for this year. Here are the rules:

Rules (mostly copied off the Les Miz forum cast)

1.The auditions will go from two weeks, starting Monday, September 15 - Sunday, September 28. The voting will be from September 29- October 5. If you vote before or after the time of voting, your votes will not be counted.
- I will post results as soon as possible.

2. To audition, please include your username, a brief sentence or discription of why you want the role, and if you want, you can include a picture. You may also do a video of yourself singing an audition song (either from the show or not) and post a link to it.

3. You can audition for more than one character.

4. No cross-gender auditioning. Sorry. However, if not a lot of people audition, then yes I will allow it for certain roles such as Dickon and Colin.

5. When voting, I will allow you to vote for yourselves, but only if you had auditioned for the role.

6. Please vote for all the characters, not just one or a couple.

7. Please vote for only one character per person.

8. Obviously, the person with the most votes wins the role.

9. In the event of a tie, I will draw from a hat. However, if it's a tie, and one of the person in the tie has won the role, I will give that role to the other person in the tie.

10. If a person wins for multiple roles, I will select from a hat which role he will get, and then the second place finishers in the other roles will be cast.

11. You do not have to audition to vote. People who didn't audition can vote in here.

12. The understudies will be the runner-ups for the roles.

13. If people only auditioned for the lead and didn't get cast, I will put them in any ensemble role that was not cast or the Dreamers.

The following roles are available for audition:

Mary Lennox
Archibald Craven
Colin Craven
Lily Craven
Dr. Neville Craven
Martha
Dickon
Rose
Albert
Ben Weatherstaff
Mrs. Medlock
Ayah
Mrs. Winthrope
Fakir
William
Betsy
Lieutenant Ian Shaw
Alice
Claire
Major Holmes
Lieutenant Peter Wright
Timothy
Dreamers

Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:11 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Location: In the woods far from civilisation (yet still with electricity? hmmm...)
Main Role: Performer
Yay! Secret Garden! Love this show - 'tis fab! :D :D :D

Screen Name: Music is my life!!!
Roles auditioning for:
Mary Lennox - because i would have loved to have played her when I was younger, and i sometimes feel like i can be a bit on the selfish side, although i try not to be! :D I've also lived in England for all of my life, giving me a completely authentic English accent! :P
Martha - I look and sound a bit like Linzi Hately, and Martha's so cool and optimistic, that's my position within my circle of friends at school. plus, i tend to get cast as a maid, which used to kinda annoy me... I also live kinda close to where Hateley grew up (Birmingham) so that's in my favour!
Ayah - i know alot of people who've lived in India, and it sounds pretty amazing! Also, i tend to care for the little people in my life, who seem to be the underdog :)
Mrs. Medlock - as i said, i tend to get cast as a maid (i am in My Fair Lady atm) which is cool :D
Alice - because I'm just THAT cool :P

Vocal Range - Mezzo/Alto, but i can sing upto about a sop D above the stavewith power, but only when i'm walmed up :) I can belt like Linzi Hately and Ruthie Henshall but can also sing down to low D (below middle C) on a good day, so yep that's me! :P

Appearance.... (because i cba to put a piccie up) about 5ft5in, but I've always been kinda tall/avg for my age (I'm 15 atm). I've never been "thin" but I'm not fat either, i'm just big boned :)
My hair is dark blond, eyes are hazel/brown and I have medium-fair skin. I go red quite easily too :oops: haha!

Here's a piccie!
(no more :P)

Please Vote!

[color=#80BFFF]lalalalala![/color]
I'm BACK! [color=#8040FF]But I need to work out a picture to put here...[/color]
[size=150]Team Cathy! :D[/size]

Last edited by music is my life!!! on Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:50 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

ooh i love this show too! i'll audition later today :mrgreen:

Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:07 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Okay so here I go

Screen name: jetblack_diva
Roles auditioning for:
Lily because for one my real name is Lily. Other reasons are that I love all the songs she sings and I sing them constantly. I feel like Lily and I have a lot in common she is a true lady and I try my best to be one. I also have a very wide range C3 to an Eb6!

Martha she is so bubbly and I love the song "Hold On" because durring not only my hardest times but my friends as well I sing that song and it reminds us all that we need to be strong because everything happens for a reason. Everything will always get better than it is at a hard spot. We need to look forward on the good times to come and not worry about the bad times. I also think she is a very sound person for Mary to look up to. All her songs are so fun to sing. I just love her out-look on life.

although i said it above my range is a C3 to Eb6 so i'm a altprano
heres a pic of me
I'm 5'6" tall and I'm 18 years old

oh yea and I can belt for hours and hours and hours

Bet(Oliver), Ensemble(Wizard Of Oz), Morgan(Camelot), Belle(BATB), Apassionata(Lil Abner), Ensemble(Mmmbeth), Claudia(John Lennon And Me), Narator(Joseph),Narrator 1(Seussification), Hotbox Dancer(Guys and Dolls), Edwin (Edwin Drood), Sallie (Hope Chest)

Last edited by jetblack_diva on Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:27 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Roles auditioning for:
Mary Lennox - I am sixteen, and while I sound too old to play this role, I promise that in real life I look like I'm fourteen and onstage I could pass from 10 to 18 probably. I do tend to be selfish at times, I admit, and while I can throw an amazing tantrum, I also can understand Mary, especially in her song.
Martha - I am around her age and I adore yorkshire and cockney accents. I can be bubbly and upbeat one moment and serious and determined the next.

Vocal Range- Mezzo-Soprano with an alto belt but with that prettier sound when I sing in my higher range. On a good day, I can go up to a High G and I can sing lower than most altos I know.

Appearance- 5'4", but I have a 'young' look. Long brown hair that is wavy but easily straightened. Blue eyes, fair skin, very pale. Thin, but by no means do I look like a model.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Roles auditioning for: Lily

Reasons: Lily is a dream role of mine. She fits my range perfectly (I'm about a G3 to an F6), and I'm the kind of girl who doesn't necessarily tend to get cast as the ingenue, but can get cast as the lady. I can't say I'm "like Lily" or anything like that, but I can say that I admire the loving nature of the character and I can identify with the hopeless romantic in her.

Appearance: 17 years old, can pass for up to 25. Black-auburn hair, brown eyes, very (very) pale skin. 5'9". Legitimately "curvy," but in the real way, not in the "PC term for fat" way.

gretchen weiners [lyss.ana.maggie.plasticlove<3]

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:21 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

roles auditioning for

Mary Lennox: Okay so at 18 i'd probably be too old to play this role in real life but this was one of my dream roles growing up. I love mary, even though she's a little bratty (and i can certainly be a little bratty) and i still often pass for younger then i am (a guy thought i was eleven the other day :? ) and i'm good at getting a very childlike quality to my voice :) .

Martha: I love Martha, she's very bubbly and quirky and she's the type of character i usually get cast as actually. And i've done a yorkshire accent in a play before so i definitely know how to do it.

Lily: I don't really look like how one might imagine lily but vocally i probably fit her the best. I love her songs and have the range to pull them off. And i definitely can relate to her as far as her feelings towards love and life in general.

Ayah: I love taking care of kids, it's what i plan to do with the rest of my life. And though i've never been to india i would love love love to go.

vocal range: like A or B below the staff to about E above the staff. I'm a classical soprano but i can belt too.

appearance: me with my kitty! I'm 5'4" and uhh...curvy?

Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:40 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

ok, guys I know im running this, but I just want to throw this out there and audition anyway... don't feel obligated to vote for me or anything lol I'm just doing this for fun.

Okay, I'm auditioning for Mary Lennox. This is because I am 4' 10 1/2" and fourteen years old, although I can pass for ages 9-15 in real life and as young as eight on stage. I have dark brown hair, very fair skin, hazel eyes (which helps in playing Mary), and have her vocal range. I can also do a very good British and Yorkshire accent. And yes, I know my picture shows my older range (e.g. 12-15) but I can and do look much younger.

Here's a pic

Image[/img]

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:19 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

By the way, guys, no, I will not be voting. I just auditioned for fun = )

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:19 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

you know you should really advertise this in the social club forum

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:27 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

i will

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:29 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Screen Name: idTAPthat89
Roles auditioning for:
MARTHA - I have played Martha before in Secret Garden and I loved every second of it. Martha's happy, bubbly disposition comes to me naturally on stage since she is a lot like me. This makes it easy to put my natural comedic spin on things and keep the audience engaged. Martha's songs are right in my vocal range, and I have auditioned sang "Hold On" at countless auditions and recitals. This character EASILY fits me best!
Rose-If I couldn't play Martha, Rose would be the second character i would love to play. My vocal range suits the part and I think I could pull off Rose's mature sound. I am very strong at harmonizing, which is crucial to a lot of the songs Rose is in.
Lily - Contrary to the comedic, typical "blonde" characters I tend to play, I think Lily would be quite the challenge, but I do LOVE a challenge. Her songs are so beautiful and meaningful..I character I really aspire to play one day. Appearance wise, I feel like i could pull off the part.
Alice/Claire-Their parts aren't as big, but they still get some awesome songs and solo bits! Once again, appearance wise, I believe I could play either part.

Vocal Range - Mezzo/Alto, however, I can sing soprano...so really...I can do it all. I tend to be a much stronger alto, and I can harmonize well.

Appearance-5'3. I'd say I'm about average sized, not a stick by any means. Blonde hair, large "lady lumps" blue eyes, big smile/dimples! :D See below...

Vote Me (Lyss) for Martha! Woohooo :D

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next