The Resource For Musicals

The Phantom of the Opera Forum

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Love Never Dies London closure. 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Other...
Post Re: Love Never Dies London closure.
Just booked some last minute tickets for Friday. I haven't seen or heard much of the tweaks. Hopefully they helped. The story could have been stronger but I love the music and wanted to see it at some point anyway. I'm Disappointed for my friend in the US though. She actually planned part of her vacation around seeing it and has already booked everything. For October. Not impressed about that at all. It's bad enough that they let people book tickets that far in advance knowing it was closing let alone not telling the cast. I know an actor who has worked with RUG several times before and he's never mentioned being badly treated. But then he's only one person. Maybe he's just been lucky. I've spoken to them occasionally for various things and they have always sounded a bit snippy to me. It's been a mess in general really. They could have done so much better with the show, especially considering how long ago ALW was considering writing it. :(

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:13 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Other...
Post Re: Love Never Dies London closure.
Agh! Sorry for the double post but... I Just got back in. The opening seemed a little clumsy. I think they should have left 'Til I hear you sing where it was and there seemed to be a little too much scene setting. I like the new version of the waltz though I quite liked the old version too. I'm not sure which one I prefer. At one point the angles in the set made me think that Gangle was a giant automaton or something in the background, and that combined with the way Meg leaned on the bar kind of made it look like she was considering planking. And Meg's CHRISTINEISBACKYAYYY bit made her breakdown odder than before IMO. But other than that I loved it! :mrgreen: I don't know if people were exaggerating, or if this was just a better than average night or what but people sitting near me were almost sobbing at the end. Lots of gasps and sniffing too. Everyone stood at the end. We didn't have any understudies, and our Gustav was Jack. :)

Also. I saw Tom Felton on the way home. Win.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2