The Resource For Musicals

The Phantom of the Opera Forum

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
25th Anniversary 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Post Re: 25th Anniversary
buckylarue wrote:
So, does anyone have any idea if Michael Crawford was (a) unwilling, (b) physically unable, or (c) contractually unable to do any singing in the finale? It seemed odd that he would be billed as performing in the finale when all he actually did was smile and shake hands with Andrew and Sarah...

Basically, he felt the pressure was too immense, combined with not having time to rehearse a proper song/number/act for the concert. He knew people paid good money and often had traveled far to see him in "Wizard of Oz", and the last thing he would do was to skip any of his performances there. In his own words:

"I couldn’t have gone to any of the others because that wouldn’t have been right for the audience here [at the Palladium, where Wizard was performing concurrently], but I certainly wanted to be at that last one on the Sunday night. I said that I couldn’t quite deal with the pressure of singing, and they were fine that, so I just walked on."

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/159103/the ... -crawford/

MY COSTUME SITE: http://aneafiles.webs.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:05 am
Profile WWW
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Post Re: 25th Anniversary
I recently got the DVD of the Royal Albert Hall performance from Netflix. When I watched it, the sound kept changing from ultra loud to ultra soft, especially at the beginning and end. I had to constantly turn my TV's volume up and down as the loudness levels changed. Has this happened to anyone else, or is it just a problem with this particular disc?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5