The Phantom of the Opera Forum

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
A PSA ANNOUNCMENT 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Too many to list.
Main Role: Fan
Post A PSA ANNOUNCMENT
Everyone. Today is a dark day, this was a day that a fan base was silcened! A fan group on Facebook called Love Should Die was shut down by the Really Useful Group. Just because they disagree with what people has said about Andrew Llyod Webber's new Phantom of the Opera Sequal musical called Love Never Dies. I am stunned of what has happened and this act is unforgivble. I am about to show a link of a PSA spoken by a friend of mine. Listen to it well.

http://www.divshare.com/download/10791361-723

Please spread the word out of what has happened.

MDN's Superlative Voting Winner:Most Likely To Make You Laugh

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:13 pm
Profile WWW

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto
Wow...isn't that going a tad too far? I mean it's rather fascist of them to silence opposing views. Going Stalin much?

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:20 pm

Current Obsession: Too many to list.
That is why I am spreading this PSA. We are not going down without a fight!

MDN's Superlative Voting Winner:Most Likely To Make You Laugh

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I'm amazed that RUG actually enforced their copyright. They hardly ever do that.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:48 pm

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto
And there's a copyright nazi on Youtube. Someone's been forcing people to take down the LND tracks they've uploaded. And it only seems to be certain songs. They don't seem to care about LND and Till I Hear You Sing, but that's because they've already gone officially public. But then I can't find BaMS except for one 2 minute snippet that cuts out at the best freaking part. But no one seems to care but any of the songs-they still have Devil Take the Hindmost and the finale and what-not. It's really quite irritating that the one one song I actually like is the one being removed most frequently... :evil:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:14 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

If you're giving bad publicity about a show you've never seen I'd do everything I can to delete your posts if I was the producer of the show. Why should someone lose millions just because someone is over protective of a show and can't bear the fact that the composer decided to continue on with the story line. I'm also not a fan of how people state their opinions as fact. "I like this show, I think the songs are pretty cool" compared to "This show is terrible. It should have never been made!" notice how the first had the words "I" and "think"?

-Family Guy's very sarcastic One Tree Hill bit

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:11 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Other...
Well.. I'm kind of surprised they did it but what I saw of that particular group did go a little far in places. :?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:54 am
Profile WWW

It's freaking opinion! It doesn't matter how it's stated, it's pretty damn clear that it's opinion The recording is apparantly pretty much the full show and very detailed plotwise. It's enough to discern the main plot points-the night-before-the-wedding tryst, the Phantom's "realization" of Gustav's paternity, etc. I think the people are in the right to judge based on the recording alone. It gives them enough detail todo it adequately, I think. Why can pros state their opinions and not cons? No ones taking down praise videos.

Waht most fans are protesting is the arbitrary hacking of character arcs and changing of personalities out of nowhere-I mean, we all assumed that it was established that the Phantom loved her so much he let her go with the man who would make her HAPPY, after her one act of kindness to him...yet he decides to drag her to Coney Island anyway. You'd think he'd know that it didn't end well before so it probably wouldn't end well now. And when did the kiss translate to "I'll come back to have sex with you later"? (I will restate that I do love Beneath a Moonless Sky-it actually makes the scene come off as quite beautiful and sensual rather than just a silly plot device)...All of this can be EASILY derived from the cast recording...we have every right to complain, ESPECIALLY about the arbitrary changes to Raoul :twisted:

Last edited by Mistress on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:03 am

Current Obsession: punctuation
Post Re: A PSA ANNOUNCMENT
Yakko wrote:
I am stunned of what has happened and this act is unforgivble.

Wow. Simmer down, drama queen.

On a related note, a facebook group relating to the racial implications of casting "The Last Airbender" was also recently shut down.

http://www.racialicious.com/2010/03/17/6839/

P.S. "PSA Announcement" is as redundant as "ATM machine" and "PIN number."

The Very Angry Man has retired from musicals.net.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:08 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Jekyll & Hyde
Main Role: Performer
It's freaking opinion! It doesn't matter how it's stated, it's pretty damn clear that it's opnion The recording is apparantly pretty much the full show and very detailed plotwise. It's enough to discern the main plot points-the night-before-the-wedding tryst, the Pahntom's "realization" of Gustav's paternity, etc. I think the people are in the right to judge based on the recording alone. It gives them enough detail todo it adequately, I think. Why can pros state their opinions and not cons? No ones taking down praise videos.

Waht most fans are protesting is the arbitrary hacking of charcater arcs and chnaging of personalities out of nowhere-I mean, we all assumed that it was established that the Phantom loved her so much he let her go with the man who would make her HAPPY, after her one act of kindness to him...yet he decides to drag her to Coney Island anyway. You'd think he'd know that it didn't end well ebfore so it probably wouldn't end well now. And when did the kiss translate to "I'll come back to have sex with later"? (I will restate that I do love Beneath a Moonless Sky-it actually makes the scene cpme off as quite beautiful and sensual rather than just a silly plot device)...

*nods head* A-GREED! As long as people have some sort of resource, I think they should be able to state their opinion on them.

Previous Role(s): Huckster *Halloween Tour*
Upcoming Role(s): Unknown

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:14 am
Profile WWW
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Current Obsession: Newsies The Musical, Pilgrim
8O This is quite a surprise. Geez RUG needs to get their panies out of the wad that they are in. This is the first time that I have ever heard of a production company taking down an anti-show group/organization! As other people have said before, it's just not right for the company to go and do something like this. They need to get a grip.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:48 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

It's freaking opinion! It doesn't matter how it's stated, it's pretty damn clear that it's opinion The recording is apparantly pretty much the full show and very detailed plotwise. It's enough to discern the main plot points-the night-before-the-wedding tryst, the Phantom's "realization" of Gustav's paternity, etc. I think the people are in the right to judge based on the recording alone. It gives them enough detail todo it adequately, I think. Why can pros state their opinions and not cons? No ones taking down praise videos.

Waht most fans are protesting is the arbitrary hacking of character arcs and changing of personalities out of nowhere-I mean, we all assumed that it was established that the Phantom loved her so much he let her go with the man who would make her HAPPY, after her one act of kindness to him...yet he decides to drag her to Coney Island anyway. You'd think he'd know that it didn't end well before so it probably wouldn't end well now. And when did the kiss translate to "I'll come back to have sex with you later"? (I will restate that I do love Beneath a Moonless Sky-it actually makes the scene come off as quite beautiful and sensual rather than just a silly plot device)...All of this can be EASILY derived from the cast recording...we have every right to complain, ESPECIALLY about the arbitrary changes to Raoul :twisted:

But obsession changes people. He let her go and ten years of missing her is enough to change someone's mind. I view this as Indy 4. If you like it...enjoy it. If you don't, stop complaining and just pretend it doesn't exist.

-Family Guy's very sarcastic One Tree Hill bit

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next