The Resource For Musicals

The Phantom of the Opera Forum

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Love Never Dies... Australia?? 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I'm agree. I'd like Marina Prior to get the part. She'd be a good choice in terms of age, voice etc.

Unless, like the movie and, to an extent LND, they want younger actresses. ALW had Katherine Jenkins in mind as Christine at first, then chose Sierra. They're both in their late 20's but look younger. It felt like they were picking younger actors for the London production, so who knows about Australia.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:56 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Main Role: Performer
iOTA could play The Phantom.

Hahaha. That actually wouldn't be that bizarre considering the show. :lol:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:02 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I'm agree. I'd like Marina Prior to get the part. She'd be a good choice in terms of age, voice etc.

Unless, like the movie and, to an extent LND, they want younger actresses. ALW had Katherine Jenkins in mind as Christine at first, then chose Sierra. They're both in their late 20's but look younger. It felt like they were picking younger actors for the London production, so who knows about Australia.

Helen Donaldson would fit the bill.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:32 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

In one sense, it might have been nice to have had Phantom and Love Never Dies playing side by side. Commercially it would have been a good move in terms of "package deals", and it would have been good for Australia's frail music-theatre industry to have to parallel performances playing off one another.
I really only want to see it for curiosity's sake, considering I firmly believe that the Phantom empire should have stopped at one, but I will be very disappointed if the main characters are too young.

PAST FAVOURITES: Regan- King Lear & Pepicek - Brundibar

DREAM ROLES: Eliza Doolittle, Hedda Gabler and Lady M

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:37 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Personally, I don't think Anthony Warlow would want to do the Phantom again. He only did the 07 tour because of his daughter. However, I have a feeling Roy Weissensteiner will be the Australian LND Phantom.

Anthony is also the lead in Dr. Zhivago which opens in 2011.

Buff :D

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:54 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post Re: Love Never Dies... Australia??
Despite what some people have said, the right age for Christine is late 20's because she is in her teens in Phantom, and Love Never Dies is based only about 10 years after Phantom. So going by that Marina Prior unfortunately would be too old for the part.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:40 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

drbuc wrote:
Despite what some people have said, the right age for Christine is late 20's because she is in her teens in Phantom, and Love Never Dies is based only about 10 years after Phantom. So going by that Marina Prior unfortunately would be too old for the part.

In the movie version she is a teen. In Leroux she is 19-20 somewhere (she's graduated from the academy, and is now working at the opera). Her age is never told in the stage version, but when it opened in 1986 is was fairly close to Leroux, and the background stories more loosely told than in the movie. So in the stage version it can go both ways.

As for "Love Never Dies", I still want to maintain that 1881+10 does not 1906 make... And even worse if the go by the movie, which is set in 1870. That's 36 years later!

MY COSTUME SITE: http://aneafiles.webs.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:34 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Overcoming illness
Anyone who's on Facebook needs to "Friend" Love Should Die. The "Notes from the Real Phantom" literally made me laugh out loud...they're surprisingly well-done.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:20 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: punctuation
Main Role: Fan
SomeoneLikeYou wrote:
Anyone who's on Facebook needs to "Friend" Love Should Die. The "Notes from the Real Phantom" literally made me laugh out loud...they're surprisingly well-done.

'Tis a pity you couldn't copy and paste the URL.

The Very Angry Man has retired from musicals.net.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Overcoming illness
My apologies...I'm happy to oblige.

http://www.facebook.com/luvshoulddie?v=info

Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:35 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Marina has already stated she will not be apart of Love Never Dies - regardless of whether she would have been appropriate. She is previously engaged in Mary Poppins. On her age sge is in her late thirties or just 40 and could pass for 30 with stage maleup so really was not too old for the part at all.
I also saw Roy Weissensteiner and would love for him to play it in this show. I actually feel it could be a good show.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:15 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

te amo wrote:
In one sense, it might have been nice to have had Phantom and Love Never Dies playing side by side. Commercially it would have been a good move in terms of "package deals", and it would have been good for Australia's frail music-theatre industry to have to parallel performances playing off one another.

I really only want to see it for curiosity's sake, considering I firmly believe that the Phantom empire should have stopped at one, but I will be very disappointed if the main characters are too young.

I would agree it isn't London or New York, but it is by no means a frail industry. If you take Melbourne or Sydney individually, both always have at least two major shows on at a time each, and generally there is always at least one major touring production in another city in the country, and the industry here is always expanding.

Not an attack, just I felt it needed saying.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next