The Resource For Musicals

The Phantom of the Opera Forum

Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
LOVE NEVER DIES Production Details 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Musicals!
Post LOVE NEVER DIES Production Details
It's official. Playbill reports that Sierra Boggess and Ramin Karimloo will open the first productions of Love Never Dies.

Andrew Lloyd Webber wrote:
I personally feel that what will now happen is that Sierra and Ramin will open in London early next year and then go to New York in the autumn of 2010. I think once the album comes out, hopefully before Christmas, a lot of singers will come out of the woodwork and we'll find new Christines and Phantoms for the other productions.

So that, as they as, is that...

Last edited by RainbowJude on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:14 am
Profile WWW

Location: In the woods far from civilisation (yet still with electricity? hmmm...)
Main Role: Performer
i hope it comes to london. and that there are open casting calls :D

[color=#80BFFF]lalalalala![/color]
I'm BACK! [color=#8040FF]But I need to work out a picture to put here...[/color]
[size=150]Team Cathy! :D[/size]

Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:28 am

Current Obsession: Too many to list.
Main Role: Fan
I feel so sorry for them....Let's hope that their careers will not be ruined by this show.

MDN's Superlative Voting Winner:Most Likely To Make You Laugh

Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:10 am
Profile WWW
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Here is the original story by Baz, the Brit show biz writer and sometime drama critic. He is the sole media person ALW is using to let out bits of information about the sequel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1197158/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Beyonce-wants-soul-sister.html

The article contains quite a lot of information, including

"...He works with former Paris Opera ballet mistress Madame Giry (sung on the album by Sally Dexter) and her daughter Meg (now famous as bathing beauty the Ooh La La girl), sung by Summer Strallen.

AND.....The Christine automaton IS in the show.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:26 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Here is the original story by Baz, the Brit show biz writer and sometime drama critic. He is the sole media person ALW is using to let out bits of information about the sequel (...)

And surprise, surprise - our friend Baz is very enthusiastic about the project and its content....

MY COSTUME SITE: http://aneafiles.webs.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:46 pm
Profile WWW

Post Baz Bamigboye
My sense of Love Never Dies is that it's the best score Lloyd Webber has produced, and that once he hands it over to director Jack O'Brien it can be moulded into the best musical London has seen in years.... Essentially, it's a musical about obsession, love and a composer's life work. It may also, I suspect, be the final original masterpiece of Lloyd Webber's career.

I don't know what to make of Bamigboye's rapturous reaction to the concept album. But I wouldn't be surprised if his name appeared on the Really Useful payroll.

Later days
David

Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:22 am
Profile WWW
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Not necessary. His payback is being the unofficial source of all of the real information about the sequel. He gets the scoop, and all of the other media reports just have to use his articles as a source.

----prestige, respect, etc.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:49 pm

Not necessary. His payback is being the unofficial source of all of the real information about the sequel. He gets the scoop, and all of the other media reports just have to use his articles as a source.

----prestige, respect, etc.

Any prestige and respect he gets based on the quality of his writing will be from a bunch of half-wits. His attempts at journalism is a joke and he clearly has a rather limited a reference base for musical theatre based on what he's written here. If selling his voice for exclusive Love Never Dies news is the best he can do, he doesn't deserve any proper kudos for his work.

Later days
David

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:14 am
Profile WWW
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

--Didn't say I liked him---just saying what I think he might consider a payback.

Someone on another forum defended him by saying Baz WAS a drama critic. I'm an American, and I had the impression that he was mostly a show biz gossip columnist and an entertainment columnist at best. ---But I read his column only when it has something in it about POTO or ALW or the sequel. Is his reputation as bad as David says?

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:35 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/showbiz-and-lifestyle/2009/08/01/andrew-lloyd-webber-i-m-a-quality-control-freak-91466-24280490/

...While he’s still working out his plans for The Wizard Of Oz, when it comes to Love Never Dies everything has been completed.
He’s now counting down the days to the London premiere next March, which he says will be one of the biggest nights of his career.
“It’s finished and recorded and done and dusted from my point of view. I have to keep it under wraps now. It’s odd to have something this far ahead finished.
“The next stage is the production. We will announce the cast in a few weeks’ time. The album’s finished and I’m very pleased with it. The cast are well-known in theatre terms. Someone has played the Phantom before and the girl has played a lead on Broadway. I think there will be quite a lot of people who would like to record the songs before the show opens.”
Andrew says plans to resurrect his beloved Phantom – which opened in the West End in 1986, with his then wife Sarah Brightman as Christine, and had grossed more than $5bn worldwide by 2007 – have been in the pipeline for a long time.
“I thought about it a long, long time ago and couldn’t make it so abandoned it. I started thinking about it again two years ago.
“I was working on something completely different with Ben Elton and explained to him what the problem was.
“He said, ‘I can give you an outline which I think will unlock it completely.’ Ben and I put together a synopsis which showed promise.”
Even hugely successful people suffer with nerves it seems, and Andrew admits he will be nervous about the reaction to Love Never Dies.
“This one is unlike anything I’ve done before. It’s the continuing story of something that’s not only been the biggest thing in my career but the biggest thing there’s been in entertainment in the last 20 years. To that extent there will be a huge spotlight on it. I’m slightly relieved to have recorded the album first. People will have the chance to see what they think of the music in advance of everything else.”
While he’s not revealing the names of the cast, one person who’s definitely not in it is Katherine Jenkins.
“I know her very well,” he says of the Neath-born singer.
“We have never worked together. She’s a very interesting girl – very beautiful and a wonderful personality with a great voice. It’s just that everything happens at different times.
“She would not be quite right for me for Love Never Dies – she’s a mezzo soprano, not a soprano. ...

Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:49 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: next to normal
When is the concept album actually being released?

Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:03 pm

Post LOVE NEVER DIES Production Details
dolbinau wrote:
When is the concept album actually being released?

Only on the 9th of March. Meanwhile.... Previews begin tonight!

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next