The Resource For Musicals

The Phantom of the Opera Forum

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Sillest things you have heard about Phantom 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

nabla wrote:
"OMG Emmy Rossum is amaing, she's totally the best Christine ever and she was only 16!!!!!!!" :roll:

I liked Emmy....her acting was a little (or alot) wooden, but that aside, I thought she looked and sounded amazing.

I agree, but admittedly, the more I am exposed to this style of music, the more I realize that Emmy Rossum's voice is by no means astounding. Though she isn't bad, either.

I want all of her costumes. And her hair.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:52 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: CATS, Charm&Smiley.
Main Role: Fan
If she uses a wig you can... :lol: *Says a person who wants one off the cool wigs the cats in Cats wears*

Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:11 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
Brock07 wrote:
nabla wrote:
"OMG Emmy Rossum is amaing, she's totally the best Christine ever and she was only 16!!!!!!!" :roll:

I liked Emmy....her acting was a little (or alot) wooden, but that aside, I thought she looked and sounded amazing.

I agree, but admittedly, the more I am exposed to this style of music, the more I realize that Emmy Rossum's voice is by no means astounding. Though she isn't bad, either.

That's exactly how I feel. When I first saw the Phantom movie (which was before I really got serious about musical theater), I thought Emmy was AMAZING. And then I realized how weak she was compared to other singers'. However, I am definitely. not in the camp that thinks Emmy is a disgrace to singing and can't sing at all (it's scary how many people hate her and wish for horrible things to happen to her).

It irks me when people say she can't sing. Obviously she can, she just couldn't sing the role. There are many professional singers who couldn't do it justice either.

And I agree about the costumes and hair too. :)

Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:24 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

lottielou22 wrote:
Brock07 wrote:
nabla wrote:

That's exactly how I feel. When I first saw the Phantom movie (which was before I really got serious about musical theater), I thought Emmy was AMAZING. And then I realized how weak she was compared to other singers'. However, I am definitely. not in the camp that thinks Emmy is a disgrace to singing and can't sing at all (it's scary how many people hate her and wish for horrible things to happen to her).

It irks me when people say she can't sing. Obviously she can, she just couldn't sing the role. There are many professional singers who couldn't do it justice either.

And I agree about the costumes and hair too. :)

I like her too. Yeah, she's no Sarah Brightman or Rebecca Caine, but she did a pretty good job singing. I thought her acting was pretty good too.

Anyways I hear she's quit a good Mezzo now.

Ditto for the hair. I do like the broadway costumes better though, sorry!

Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:38 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

"Gerard Butler is so good! Besides original guy was really ugly!"-Kathleen. She couldn't grasp that Erik is ugly.

"Gerard can hit those really high notes!" Kelly. Yeah, so can every other phantom...and in the correct keys too!

"Raoul just intruded and stole Christine." OH.MY.GOSH.KATHLEEN! Christine was never Erik's too lose! (so, I just quoted Les Mis. get over it)

"Who's Raoul?"-my friend Lily, when I was trying to find another Team Raoul member, since she's seen it on stage... #-o

"Who's Rebecca Caine?" :cry: Kathleen doens't know who my favorite Christine is!!!! A month ago, at one of the Football games, Kelly said to me "I don't like the Canadian Phantom...his voice was really weird" :cry: She just insulted Colm Wilkinson!!!! NO! She can't do that! Colm Wilkinson is a musical theatre GOD! One of the best Phantoms, he was one of the first to sing the role when the show as developing!!!! And they're dissing my Mizzies!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

"Any sane person would chosen the phantom" Yes Kathleen, chosing the creepy man in the sewers who is decades older than you and is an INSANE homicidal maniac is the smart choice.

I do however like the Phantom, but I'd pick Raoul. I still feel bad for Erik. Maybe its because Christine's sorta being threathened by the Phantom and I know what thats like from personal exprience, so I understand why she'd pick Raoul, someone whose sweet and makes her feel safe.[/i]

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:43 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Deleted for being ignorant post. Account removal pending.

Last edited by KristinT on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:04 pm

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto
Sarah Brightman is probably not the best example here...*hugs her copy of the Canadian cast recording*

Rebecca Caine all the way! XD

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:11 am

Current Obsession: Too many to list.
Sarah Brightman is probably not the best example here...*hugs her copy of the Canadian cast recording*

Yes.....Luv her! And don't forget Rachel Barrell.

MDN's Superlative Voting Winner:Most Likely To Make You Laugh

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:10 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: CATS, Charm&Smiley.
Obviously there is no doubt about that anyone who get a singing part in a proffessional musical can sing (if the casters havent messed it up completely ofc) but you have to be really carefull to get the right actors on the right part. I remember seeing a RENT video where the poor actress just couldnt make the song working. She was overtaking by the backsingers it really was one off the worst pro videos Ive ever seen, but still its no doubt about that she could really sing and sing quite good, not just sing right for that song. Just my two cents.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:13 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

"Wait, but isn't that really depressing? I thought they all got killed in the end or something..."

No, Mary. No.

Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:10 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

I finally got my Canadian Cast recording today!!! *hugs her sansa mp3 player* and the Mexico City recording!!!!

Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:53 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

"Gerard Butler is so good! Besides original guy was really ugly!"-Kathleen. She couldn't grasp that Erik is ugly.

SO many of my friends think that way! #-o

I've given up trying to explain, tbh.

Ygraine in Pendragon
Mrs O''Lafferty in Ragged Child

Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next