The Resource For Musicals

The Phantom of the Opera Forum

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Hey, Who is your favorite stage christine? 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Sarah Brightman- I understand the criticism from others, it's just a preference, she was the first Christine I ever listened to.

Jennifer Hope Wills- I really like her voice

Rachel Barrel- She is adorable, brings a lot to the character

Sandra Joseph- Her voice can be a little warbly, but I enjoyed her performance

Lisa Vroman- gorgeous singing

Elizabeth Southard- a lovely Christine, great singer

Non-favs:

Rebecca Pitcher- she's ok... a little too stiff and shrill for me

Emmy Rossum- yeah.. no need to explain that one. I don't have a problem with people who like her though. That could be because a lot of people don't like Brightman and I do, so I can understand.. lol

Fri May 23, 2008 9:40 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer

Worst- Sarah Brightman

Fri May 23, 2008 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

now i can safetly say that out of all the times i've seen the show and all the boots i've seen. Sara Jean Ford is my favorite Christine by far.

My least favorite is definitely Sarah Brightman.

Sat May 24, 2008 12:23 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

oooh.. I forgot about Rebecca Luker. She is great. I met her. She is very sweet. Very talented.

Sat May 24, 2008 5:38 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:23 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:46 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Ana Marina was perfect. Cannot be topped.

I like Marina Prior too.

Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:51 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Sarah and Ana(she was fantastic when I saw her) are amazing. I also love Marni Rabb. Why? Sarah just because, despite her faults, I love her voice. Ana was amazing and she had the role down and was great in all respects. And Marni, I don't know, I just like her voice and the fact she ACTED(having seen her on bootlegs). Also one of my favourites is Mary D'Arcy. She has a perfect voice! She has a youthful, naive voice, which needs training but is absolutely beautiful all the same. Not to mention she also acts, I really love her cute little scream in 'I Remember' with her and Michael on YT.

My least favourites would probably have to be Emmy, Dale and Rebecca Caine. Emmy I didn't like because she didn't fit the role vocally at ALL. Rebecca, I liked, but I didn't think she was right for the role, being too technically perfect. I think Christine should still have some problems with her technique(for instance Sarah Brightman's vibrato). I loved her in Les Mis though. Also I can't listen to Rebecca without imagining Cosette. Dale's voice I just found to be shrill and grating.

Sat May 02, 2009 3:35 am
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

I have only seen "Phantom Of The Opera" live onstage once, so the only Christine I've seen is Julie Goodwin - who was the secondary Christine (Ana Marina was the "first" Christine and got top billing).

I thought Goodwin was brilliant - I preferred her vocalisations to those of Sarah Brightman, Rebecca Caine, Claire Moore, Emmy Rossum or any other recorded versions of these songs I have heard, and her acting was awesome as well.

Mon May 04, 2009 5:41 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I have only seen "Phantom Of The Opera" live onstage once, so the only Christine I've seen is Julie Goodwin - who was the secondary Christine (Ana Marina was the "first" Christine and got top billing).

I thought Goodwin was brilliant - I preferred her vocalisations to those of Sarah Brightman, Rebecca Caine, Claire Moore, Emmy Rossum or any other recorded versions of these songs I have heard, and her acting was awesome as well.

From the little I've heard of her, she sounds awesome. Grand voice, very pleasant to listen to, and people say lots of positive things about her acting as well. And she's so young!

MY COSTUME SITE: http://aneafiles.webs.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mon May 04, 2009 7:00 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Jaded Mandarin wrote:

From the little I've heard of her, she sounds awesome. Grand voice, very pleasant to listen to, and people say lots of positive things about her acting as well. And she's so young!

Oh definately. A young Christine doing it right-probably another of my favourites(based on boots). I'm proud of all the Aussie Christine's. You don't get many of them. I've heard another 16 yr old on YT doing the high note right. Can't remember her name though, she was foreign and only on a high note comparison. Though in Australia the understudy Sarah Bakker was only 17 when she began the role. I'd love to hear her. I'ver heard only good things of her. Someone I know, said she was a thousand times better than Emmy, acting and singing since she was about the same age when she started the role.

Tue May 05, 2009 3:54 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I've heard another 16 yr old on YT doing the high note right. Can't remember her name though, she was foreign and only on a high note comparison.

The only other very young stage Christine I can think of is British Amy Nuttall. She understudied the role in the UK tour, I think she was 16 when she started. She was quite spectacular for her age, I think.

The South African alternate Amy Hudson (now Brennan) was also rather young, 18 or 19. She later joined the World Tour as an understudy Christine. Never heard her sing, though.

MY COSTUME SITE: http://aneafiles.webs.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tue May 05, 2009 7:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next