The Resource For Musicals

Oliver! Forum

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Sort of funny mishaps 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Oklahoma!, Les Mis
Main Role: Performer
[Our Bill was very intimidating, but I made the mistake of getting to know him, and once you got to know him, he was a goofball, and I was his dance partner during the finale...and we were really good friends...and when he was like BBIIIIIIIILLLLLLLL SYYYYYYYYKKKKEEESSSSS!! during his song, I had to look down to keep from laughing...

Ive got the same problem with my Bill, he's one of my really good friends so i cant take him seriously at all, and he sings a fair bit of the song looking at me and neither of us can pull it off. especially when he's shouting "WHAT IS ITTTT?" in my face.

todays rehearsal was pretty funny, Bill got a nosebleed randomly in a scene, which in itself isnt funny, but it was timed during a fight so it looked like Nancy had clobbered Bill rather than the other way around :lol:

Recent: Ado Annie - Oklahoma!, Cecilia - Purple Rose of Cairo

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Oklahoma!, Les Mis
Me falling off my chair in oom pa pa was quite funny, quite a comic fall too it tipped over and i fell almost in the splits over it, but i managed to not even miss a note in the song, and make it look like part of the routine, so i was proud of myself. The more humerous thing was everyones immediate reaction to go to catch me.

Plus the last night the gun to shoot Bill didn't go off, so after a slight awkward pause of trying to fire the gun, someone hit something off a wall backstage to make a bang, and bill fell.... then the gun decided to fire. :lol:

Recent: Ado Annie - Oklahoma!, Cecilia - Purple Rose of Cairo

Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Post Re: Sort of funny mishaps
In the production of Oliver where I played Noah, when Nancy and Bet first enter Fagin's lair, the girl playing Bet tripped on her dress and faceplanted on stage. The audience gasped in horror for a moment before the guy playing Fagin (who had a background in improv) just quipped out "Been nipping the brandy then Bet my dear?" Well, the audience just cracked up and applauded. I felt bad for the girl playing Bet though, as when she came backstage, she was in tears going "I can't believe I tripped on stage!"

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Figured I would revive the thread... I was Widow Corney in a school production! Lets see...

* At one dress rehearsal, one of the workhouse 'girls' (my best friend) let go of the spoon during FGF, and it went flying and almost hit me in the face! I was frozen on a block in the back... didn't flinch :)

*Student preview- when the 8th graders were watching the in-school preview, they kept chanting our names to the beat when we were marching out for the gruel part. We were supposed to look mean, but we were cracking up...!

*2nd performance- when the set crew put out the teapot for the I Shall Scream scene, it fell over and they didn't pick it up... I had to give Mr. Bumble an empty teacup, then randomly pick up the teapot while he was talking... funny!

*Last performance- I accidently sang "For the safety of my virtue" during all three choruses of I Shall Scream, I wasn't really paying attention! When I started singing it for the wrong choruses, in my mind I was like "aww crap! I suck!"

All I can think of off the top of my head for now... fun show :)

Mon May 07, 2012 1:20 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Current Obsession: Bonnie & Clyde
in the scene where Noah is taunting Oliver, he had to be eating bread and throwing pieces of it at Oliver. Well, after the first few performances the director decided that our Noah should just pretend to throw the bread as he kept hitting people in the orchestra pit.

this is more of a "you had to be there" but the night we had a pickup rehearsal was one of the best nights of my life. Random people meowed like a cat from backstage, Charlotte threw real water on ms Sowerberry (it was unexpected), and during the scene where Nancy is supposed to be lying dead, our Mr Brownlow kept poking her with her cane and saying stupid stuff, while she was laughing and ridicoulsly out of charectar.

also i told our Noah one night that he was about to miss his cue (he wasn't) and he completly freaked out.

Mon May 07, 2012 4:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2