The Resource For Musicals

Oklahoma! Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
really wide-open audtion 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post really wide-open audtion
I have an audition coming up that's for three shows at once: Oklahoma, Annie Get Your Gun, and Coconuts.

I'm trying to focus on Oklahoma a little more, but even then I'm having trouble picking a song. Can anyone think of any songs that are mostly belted (since I mostly want Aido Annie) but maybe have a few touches of higher soprano notes? I was thinking of doing Adelaide's lament, but I'm not too content with it. Any help would be great.

I have a belting range up to around a D above middle C, and in the soprano range I can comfortably go up to around a high b, a little higher with a looot of warming up.

Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:10 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Oklahoma is not a belting show. Ado Annie doesn't need to be a strong singer---she sings up to an E. The style of singing is very "legit".

Just show you have a lot of spunk and personality and that your middle range is solid, and you'll do fine =)

Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:07 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post true
That is true. I was thinking more of belting for Annie get your gun, but since I really want to get into Oklahoma, It's probably better just to get a classic style meszzo song.

Thanks!

Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]